𖥻 chapter twenty five

Start from the beginning

"did jake tell you?" "it's not his fault, he was wasted as fuck." he says, not wanting to drag jake into their mess ─ though he's always been a part of it in a way. however, he'd rather keep him out of their current situation, since it has to do with them and them only.

ava pokes her inner cheek with her tongue, nodding subtly. "and you've been chasing me around for the past two months just to ask me why i fucked my best friend?"

heeseung's brows raise as a loud and prolonged "ohooo~" goes past his lips. "not just anyone, but your best friend huh? you're seriously fucked up!"

"oh, so i'm the one who's fucked up! when you fucking used me that night then straight up fucked katana! am i the fucked up one lee?" she tries her best to not scream, given that they're still in a public place, where anyone can hear.

heeseung throws his head back, his fingers tangling with his hair. "here we go again with the katana shit. i thought jake told you that we didn't fuck once i went home."

"and you expect me to believe it lee?" "not really, cause you're one stubborn son of a bitch!" he raises his voice just the slightest, only for ava to smack a hand on his chest. "we're in a fucking neighborhood hee, keep it down."

"why do you even care ava? why do you care if i fucked her? it's not like it's something important to you, am i right?" he challenges, his face inches away from hers. she glances up, eyes stinging from the alcohol's influence fading.

"because you can't just leave me to fuck someone else, when you treated me the way no man ever did."

"it was very much important to me."

heeseung freezes, lips parted just a bit as he stares down at her. ava's pursed lips start to quiver, as she spins on her heels & takes a deep breath. in no way will she allow him to see her all soft & vulnerable again.

"why'd you lie to me then?" he then asks, glaring at her back that shakes up and down from trying to conceal her sobs. the response comes almost immediately. "i was afraid."

"afraid of fucking what exactly?" he didn't intend for it to come out in such a harsh manner, yet all the anger he's been feeling lately poured out at this very moment. "if you've told me that it mattered, if you've just spoke to me, maybe all this fucking mess wouldn't have happened!"

"do you expect me to trust you with it when you've been nothing but shit to me?" she finally faces him, her cheeks glowing from the tears that stream down her face. "i told you hee, every fucking person I've let in my life and acted all nice has taken advantage of me, how do you expect me to tell you that?"

"you doing a whole one eighty from one day to another just... stank! and your reason? wanting to be nicer to me. who the fuck buys that bullshit? you could've always been nice to me, yet you chose violence from the very start!"

"and now you appear in front of my fucking house, asking me nothing but bullshit that has absolutely nothing to do with you or what's happened to us. i fucked my friend, so what? what are you gonna do about it?"

there's silence for a moment. in the distance, soft booming sounds echo, as lightings strike the dark sky ─ say, even the weather wants to contribute to the drama.

"tell me heeseung... what will you do?"

"why do you fucking care so much?"

for a second, heeseung acts upon the desire to slap that shit─eating grin off her face. the way she's looking at him, as if daring him to spit the truth out, is too much for him.

sooner or later, she'll find out. maybe from jake, even nora ─ who had oh so expertly fished the confession out of his desperate self one fine morning at the pub, while he was drowning the sadness down in a glass or rum.

whoever it might be, heeseung doesn't want them to interfere with their own business. it's them and only them.

"it's because i like you."

as if on cue, a big lightning strikes & mirrors on her wide eyes. so it's true. her suspicion was true. the raven can only remain frozen, not believing in his very own ears. he'd just admitted his feelings.

"there, i said it. are you happy? that's why i'm angry. that's why i tried to be nicer. that's why i didn't treat you like some fucking hook-up. and that's why i haven't fucked with katana in three months."

"i like you, you fucking dumbass."