𖥻 chapter twenty five

"confrontation

"confrontation."

꒰🏁꒱

"i'm right outside my house nora, no need to worry~" ava coos as she tries to balance her phone between her shoulder and her ear, nora's chuckles ringing through from the other line. "you better be."

"you really can't trust me on that, can you?" "who's the one who says they're outside when they're miles away?" she laughs, picturing the girl raising her brows and puckering lips as she states the obvious.

"seriously, just ten meters and i'm─" she abruptly stops, her phone almost slipping off her grasp once she meets eyes with the person standing beside their car. "─here."

what's he doing here?

"are you alright?" nora calls for her attention, while she's scrambling to find an excuse to end the call. "uhh... a dog's pissing on my... bush! call you later, bye!" she quickly hangs up and shoves the device in her hip pocket, quickening her pace to reach his spot.

"what are you doing here?" she asks once she stands before him, hands on her hips. he says nothing in response. instead, his infamous smirk makes its way on his lips, adding more to her pent up frustration.

she's been successfully avoiding him for the past two months, and now he has to ruin the streak by showing up in her house! is he that desperate?

"do i have to repeat myself lee?" she takes a step closer to him and crosses her arms over her chest, tapping her foot on the concrete ground. when he notices it, he raises his own foot and gently steps on hers. "stop it."

"oh, so you have a voice." "as always." he spits back, pushing himself off his car & coming closer to her, hands on his pockets. "it's been some time since we last talked, hmm?"

"i'd like to keep it that way, thanks." she says, watching him intently as he halts across from her, just three steps making them apart. "now you better fucking tell me, why. are you. he─"

"why did you fuck him?"

ava's jaw falls slack as she stares at him, shock written all over her drunk features. it takes a few seconds for her to finally react, scoffing as she throws a venomous glare at him. "elaborate, maybe?"

his hand reaches up & he rubs the tip of his nose, closing their distance with one big step. "oh darling, you know all too well what i'm talking about."

"do you always pity fuck when you're heardbroken?" he adds with a sly grin as he notices the way her jaw twitches and her eyelids flutter. her cheeks are a tinted red, but that's probably cause of the alcohol she'd consumed. either way, she seems to finally realize what he's referring to.