𖥻 chapter eighteen

"what fanfic is this?"

꒰🏁꒱

it was past nine in the evening when ava & heeseung left the place. it took all strength possible in her to feel any better after her breakdown, & it was almost twelve o'clock when she took one deep breath & slapped her thigh, exclaiming a loud "okay!" that made heeseung flinch.

the same moment, her father exited the house from some back door and walked up the hill behind the house, & ava found the perfect time to run towards the house once again ─ "he won't be back until later at night, let's go!" she'd yelled at the confused man, who tagged along nonetheless.

and so, ava got to see her mother and younger siblings. the old woman was more than stunned when she opened the door and saw her older daughter standing at the threshold, fearing for her life as she ushered her in & held her tightly against her chest.

her siblings were no different. tears mixed with screams of happiness and joy filled the entire place as they saw her entering the house, rushing up to her and competing on who will be the first one to hug her ─ in the end, ava got to hold them all at once, her arms spread wide to welcome all three of them.

heeseung was more than elated to see her looking so happy, even refreshed, after her long breakdown. needless to say, love was overflowing through the place and the five people present, and he felt his own heart swelling, feeling at home after a long time.

her family treated him at the best way possible. with her mother apologizing over & over for her husband's abrupt behavior & the inconvenience caused, he was led to the spacious living room & was seated on a rather old-looking armchair right across from ava, as the woman ran around the kitchen and ordered the younger ones around.

he got to learn a lot about ava yoon that very afternoon. not about ava yoon, the rookie of gumball 3000 & sworn enemy. but ava yoon, the girl who grew up midst the greenery of the outskirts of cambridge, with her sheep and long dresses and braids ─ one true countryside girl, as her mom said.

ava's actual name is vivian, but she'd rather go by her nickname. her dad is half korean, hence the surname. her family moved to cambridge when she was three years old, but before then, the three first members of the family lived in london.

she knows how to play the piano and she's very passionate about drawing and singing. she loves owls ─ which is something heeseung couldn't have guessed in a lifetime or two. he could have said any other animal, but this would never be an option.

hours passed like flowing water and soon, the young girl had to bid them all goodbye. the clock showed eight in the evening, when ava tightly hugged her youngest sibling, who sobbed the hardest in her embrace.