𖥻 chapter twelve

"worst case scenario wise

"worst case scenario wise."

[t/w: mentions of sa]

꒰🏁꒱

"the number you have called is out of reach. please try again later, or leave a message after this sound."

"nora blake! I've called you five times already, are you alright? please! call me once you receive the message k?"

ava throws the phone on the couch & plops herself next to jake, whose face is hidden in his palms. anxious sighs keep leaving his lips, whilst ava can't help but rock her leg up and down.

"did you call lydia?" jake suggests out of the blue, yet all the hope in his eyes vanishes when ava nods. "she was the first person I called simmie."

"I don't know who else to call."

ava feels her heart sinking & landing harshly at the pit of her stomach, and she gets this sudden urge to vommit everything she's eaten up until now ─ that being a simple sandwich as her breakfast.

"let's... let's not worry so much, k? she is prolly busy telling off some sexist." jake jokes in an attempt to lighten up the mood, & he successfully does. she cracks a smile his way, jolting at the sound of the bell ringing.

"God, let it be her." she whispers as she runs up to the door and hastily opens it, only to gasp at the sight of heeseung standing before her. "wha─"

"finally!" jake exclaims from inside, as ava eyes the raven haired up & down in utter confusion. "you knew about it jake?" she asks, looking at the blond over her shoulder.

jake nods. "I asked him to come over & bring some take-out with him. you haven't eaten since early morning." he says and that's when ava notices the bags he's holding.

heeseung puckers his lips. "sooo, can I get in?" he trails and she moves a little to the side. "since you brought food."

he walks in and spins around, eyeing the living room. "nice hut you've got yourself, yoon." he coos, taking a seat beside jake as he places the bags atop the coffee table. "c'mon, i brought you korean."

"I don't like korean." she says, taking a can of beer out of the fridge & clicking it open. heeseung clutches his tee and shuts his eyes in feigned pain. "ouch, that hit home... quite literally."

"he brought chinese!" "that's the deal." she makes herself comfortable on the armchair & reaches for the bag jake is handing her. "thanks lee! for once in your life, you did something good."

"you're welcome." heeseung bluntly replies & munches on his teokkboki, humming in joy. "God you're missing out on the good stuff~" ava grimaces in disgust, almost bursting in loud laughter at the sight of his stained in sauce lips.