𖥻 chapter seven

"out of hand

"out of hand."

꒰🏁꒱

"congrats mate, you're once again the hot topic." connor comments & claps, as heeseung enters the pub the racers had decided to gather up. a small tv screen that's screwed on the wall is currently displaying the news, & the raven haired wants nothing more but for the ground to split open & swallow him up.

"seems like the ace in wheels can't stay off the spotlight for a second, and how much when it comes to ava yoon, the rookie of gumball 3000. last night, the representative of england & jake sim, contestant of the gumball event, went on a date at the restaurant champagne & sunshine, when lee heeseung pulled up and caused commotion."

the reporter's voice fades as the pub owner lowers the volume completely ─ per heeseung's command.

"you fucked that little feminist pussy up mate!" connor yells & shakes him from his shoulders, raising his bottle of beer up. "cheers to lee! for putting this little bitch in her place!"

half the racers present raise their own bottles & chant along, while some eye the small group in disgust. "booo, you sexist assholes!" luna mcarthur says & slams her fist on the counter, followed by more racers.

"you, shut the fuck up." the american laughs and points at her, but a hand is fast to grab & twist his pointer, as he yelps in pain. "the fuck?"

"I pity the vagina that pushed you out, really." nora spits and grabs his bottle, turning it over & pouring the content on the man's lap. "you little ni─ "you dare say that, and I'll beat the shit out of you!"

she grabs an unopened bottle of beer & walks away, middle finger raised as she passes a group of guys who boo at her. "go get a life, cocksuckers." she yells and opens her bottle, chugging down half the content, then handing it to the girl beside her. "here."

ava glances at it and shakes her head. she'd rather be at home than listen to everyone commenting on last night's events ─ connor calling her a feminist pussy was the lightest of offense she's heard this morning.

"love, I know what happened really took its toll on you but, trust me, if you let it consume you, nothing will change. it'll just fuck you up more."
she wraps her arms around her neck and leans on her shoulder. "c'mon~ where is my smiley ava? what'd you do to her huh?"

ava cracks a smile & chuckles, right hand reaching up to intertwine their fingers. "if it weren't for you, I'd be fucking gone." "that's for sure." nora whispers with a smirk and presses a kiss on her cheek.

"morning ava."

the brunette turns around and faces jake, who, honestly speaking, doesn't look that great. his eyes are red and a little puffy, and his cheeks look way softer than last night ─ was he crying?

"morning jakey." "jakey?" nora almost squeaks and jake giggles. "even better than the fucked up male nickname ─ with all due respect." he comments & ava throws her head back in a playful grunt. "jake~"

"you're gonna let your friend get close to her?" connor whispers as he leans closer to heeseung, who is indulged in a conversation about nitro with steve corey. he excuses himself and turns around to see that, indeed, jake sim is hanging out with ava yoon and nora blake.

spectacular.

"he's my friend, not my boyfriend."
he opts to say & nearly turns around to continue his conversation, but his eye catches something that quickly alarms him and makes him turn his whole body to the group's direction.

jake's hand on ava's waist.

nevermind the proximity of their faces.

fucking fuck.

"bro... you're fuming!" connor points out & laughs, as heeseung profusely ignores him and stands up, walking up to jake. this dipshit.

"hey mate, can we talk for a min?" he asks, ignoring the urge to look at ava, as he almost drags jake out of the pub. the blond stares at him with creased brows, utterly confused yet worried at his friend's labored breathing and flushed cheeks.

"is everything okay?" he asks, but his worry soon evaporates as heeseung grabs him by the collar, pulling him against him. "woah dude!"

"stay away from them, you hear me?" heeseung hisses, staring right into his eyes. the australian yelps & wiggles in his grasp, wanting to break free.

"are you out of your mind mate?" he yells the moment heeseung lets go of him, staring at him in pure disbelief. "what the fuck was that for?" he asks, and his accent gets heavier as he gets angrier, to the point that it's hard for heeseung to keep up.

"keep it low cause we've had enough of screentime on tv for today, I don't want more of that shit, you hear me?" "then act normal and don't fucking drag me out just to boss me around, okay?"

jake pushes him away & walks back inside. heeseung remains quiet for a bit, fingers fiddling as he tries to find something to let his anger at. he soon spots an empty flower pot next to his feet, kicking it with all his force as it lands several feet away.

how the hell did he let his anger get to him ─ how much to his own friend?

'this is getting out of hand' he thinks to himself, running both hands through his hair and exhaling a large amount of air through his nostrils. "fuck."

meanwhile, ava was able to witness it all from the gap jake left when going out. seeing heeseung acting upon his anger, she can only assume one thing.

this man is a walking threat when he's angry, even to himself.