𖥻 chapter sixteen

"i want to be nicer

"i want to be nicer."

꒰🏁꒱

"do you like exo?" "no, they suck."

"how dare you." heeseung whispers & keeps his eyes on the road, yet swiftly taps on the play button of his playlist, pretty & rich by saweetie coming up.

ava frowns. "certainly didn't peg you for the type to listen to saweetie." she comments and he snickers. "it's cause you haven't pegged me yet." "BRO?"

he heartily laughs, glancing over to see her wide eyes and flushed cheeks on full display. "had to~" he playfully coos, yet his smile drops at an instant, taking her aback. she shrugs, opting to change the conversation. "this is nora's fav by the way."

"how's she?" he asks as they enter a tunnel and darkness envelopes them ─ her ears might be deceiving her, but ava recognizes some sort of genuine interest for her friend & her situation.

"she's fine, just dealing. she is seeing an expert this week." she replies and he hums in response. "she's honestly so strong... I doubt I'd be like this if it ever happened to me." she adds and her fingers fiddle as she stares at her lap.

"indeed. I'm just so glad that maxwill has been removed from the event, or else he'd be a threat to more women out there. hopefully nora will win the case and find justice. this bitch should honestly rot in both prison and hell."

"I still can't wrap my head around it though. I mean he did make remarks and stuff about how he wants to fuck one of the female racers but... didn't think he'd reach such an extend."

ava's head snaps at him at the speed of light. "wait─ he's basically made his intentions clear all this time & no one bothered to tell us?" she shrieks & her jaw hangs in disbelief as she stares at him. "what the fuck?"

"I told you, we didn't think that he'd reach such an extend. sexual jokes & remarks are quite common between us." he adds and she husks in shock. "you say it as if it's something normal mate!"

"but isn't it? when you are sexually interested to someone, you make it clear." he widens his eyes at her as they exit the tunnel. ava squints her eyes at him ─ both due to the bright light and her anger.

"no! fuck, no! if I walked around and voiced my sexual desires about every handsome man I've ran into, I would be called out for sounding like some whore. plus, it's rude as fuck!"

"but you won't get it." she scoffs, her tone bitter. "why is that?" he raises a brow, genuinely curious ─ something that adds to her frustration. "are you seriously that dense?"