[13]

Dialogue will no longer be in bold...

"Damn," Antoinette dragged, "Let me drive this

"Damn," Antoinette dragged, "Let me drive this." Her fingers ran across the grill of the all-black Escalade truck that glistened underneath the moonlight. It looked brand new.

"Aye watch yo hands!" Kadeem gently grabbed Antoinette's arm and placed it back at her side.

Ryan's eyes were glued to her phone reading a text for her mom, she looked up right as Kadeem's hand was gripping Antoinette's armed. Carefully she watched for a few seconds longer and noticed how quickly his eye went back towards her. "Come on babygirl." She hated that pet name, it's the same one her ex use to call her. Yet, still she smiled and held up a finger so she could continue reading the screen in front of her. 'Rachel is in labor' Nausea  began to form at the pit of her stomach. She felt disrespected on many levels. Wishing she was healed already so that she could just move on with her life without feeling some type of way, but it just seemed impossible when the stab wound came from inside her own home. To make matters worse, her mother continued to throw it up in her face like it wasn't trifling of what her sister did. It felt like they were punishing her for no reason.

Tears began to swell in her eyes as began to think about the time when her and Rachel talked about kids and how they would be there for each other during that time. How they would raise their nieces or nephews together to create a close cousin bond. Yet now she wouldn't be able to look her niece or nephew in the face without seeing the betrayal and image of the man she once loved. Her phone began to vibrate and up popped the picture of her mother holding young Ryan as a baby smiling. She'd told Ryan that she was her miracle baby, after having Rachel they tried again for a few years and she kept miscarrying. Then on Aug 4, 1998 she had another sweet chocolate girl. Which is why she didn't understand why her mother wasn't giving Rachel hell. Pregnant or not she felt she deserved it.

"Beautiful let's go!" Kadeem called again.

"Yeah come on girl I have a nightcap to get ready for!" Looking up face full of sadness she exhaled deeply, trying not to break down right there on the sidewalk in front of everyone.

"Yo what's good?" Kadeem closed the door he was holding and immediately began to walk over. Just the thought of another man trying to show that he cared about her at the moment was enough for Ryan to shake her head no and stopping him in his tracks. 

"It's nothing, let's just go"

"I do something?" he was confused so he asked Antionette. 

"No, please can we just go." Walking around him Ryan went towards the back passenger door. Antionette came around the car and began rubbing her back.

"We can talk about it later, but whatever is it don't let it fuck up a good night, okay?" Ryan just nodded before proceeding to get in the car. Antionette was about to close the door but Kadeem beat her too it and held it open placing himself near her side.