(12.) The Clock

(Warnings: graphic description of domestic and child abuse, trauma, language)

Y/n's Pov:

All of us who weren't wanted criminals loaded into Steve's car and followed the police cars. They were headed to the trailer park. Once we reached our destination, we say a white sheet, supposedly covering a dead body.

"Oh God." I exclaim. But someone else unexpected was there. "Hey, is that Nancy?"

"I think you're right." Steve says. We all get our of the car, and Nancy waves to us.

After Nancy continued to talk to the cops about whatever was going on, we all headed to a picnic table at the trailer park to share stories.

"You're saying that this thing that killed Fred and Chrissy, it's from the Upside Down?" Nancy asks.

"If the shoe fits." Steve says.

"Our working theory is that he attacks with a spell or a curse." Dustin explains. "Now, wether or not he's doing this bidding of the Mind Flayer or just loves killing teens, we don't know."

"All we know is this is something different." Max says. 

"Something new." I add.

"Doesn't make sense." Nancy says.

"It's only a theory." Dustin claims.

"No, Fred and Chrissy don't make sense. I mean, why them?" Nancy asks.

"Maybe they were just in the wrong place in the wrong time." Dustin suggests. "They were both at the game."

"And near the trailer park." Max adds.

"We're at the trailer park." Steve says. He continues to talk, but I can't focus on that. Somewhere in the back of my head, I hear a faint ticking. Like a clock, almost. But no one here has a watch, and why would a clock be outside?

Then, the ticking gets louder. More real.

"Y/n, you okay?" Robin asks.

"Oh, yeah, sorry." I say.

"As I was saying, Fred started acting weird the second we got here." Nancy says.

"Acting weird as in...?" Robin asks.

"Scared, on edge, upset."

"Max said Chrissy was upset too." Dustin says.

"Yeah, but not here." Max claims. "She was crying in the bathroom at school."

"Yeah, I've heard her crying there too." I confirm.

"Serial killers stalk their prey before they strike, right?" Robin says. "So, maybe Fred and Chrissy saw this Vecman--"

"Vecna." Dustin corrects.

"Dunno bout you, but if I saw some freaky wizard monster, I would mention it to someone." Steve clains.

"Maybe they did." Max suggests. "I saw Chrissy leaving Ms. Kelley's office. If you saw a monster, you wouldn't go to the police. They'd never believe you. But you might go to your--"

"Your shrink." Robin finishes. Max nods. Then, the six of us stand up from the table and make our way back to the car. Another plan had finally formed. But instead of going to the car, Nancy decides to take another path.

"Whoa, whoa, Nance. Nance!" Steve calls out. "Where are you going?"

"Oh, there's just something I wanna check on first." She explains. 

"Something you wanna share with the rest of us?" Dustin asks.

"I don't wanna waste your time. It's a real shot in the dark." Nancy claims.