(8.) Daddy issues

(Warnings: mentions of child abuse, mentions of domestic abuse, mentions of drug use)
(There is also incorrect reasoning for Dustin's cleidocranial dysplasia, but for the plot of the story, please bear with me. I am not trying to offend or invalidate anyone or anything, it is just for plot. If I do offend anyone, please let me know and I will remove that part from the story. Thank you, and I apologize.)

Y/n's Pov:

Today was the day. I was going to be "reunited" with my dad after not seeing him for 15 years. I wish I hadn't seen him at all. But I guess second chances are good, even for pieces of shit. 

I get ready for the day, anxiousness flowing through my bones every second. Had he really changed, or was it just an act for his new family? Maybe he was just as bad to them as he was to me. I hope he's better.

I hop into my mom's car, and we drive to the park were his family visits every Sunday evening. I still haven't told my mom about my spying, but no one needs to know that.

"You know, sweetie, we can turn right back around, and we'll still be able to get you to work on time." My mom says as we leave the driveway.

"I'll be fine, thank you, Mom." I said with a smile. I wasn't sure if it was real or not. 

After a little while, we finally arrived at the park. I saw him sitting down at a picnic table. There was a car parked a little ways behind him, with his new wife sitting in the front seat. My mom must have seen her too.

"I thought it was just the two of us." I muttered to my mom.

"I thought so too, sweetie. You still want to do this?" She replies.

"Yep. See you in 30 minutes or less." I said, exiting the car. "Love you, Mom."

A quickly walk over to the table, scared out of my mind. What the hell was I supposed to say? "Hey, pop, nice to finally see ya again! Wanna play some checkers?" I guess I'll just have to go with my gut.

"Hello, Mr. Williams." I say, sitting on the opposite side of the table.

"Oh my, Y/n, you look so different!" He says.

"Don't act like you remember what I look like." Not even five seconds in and he's already bullshit.

"I-I'm sorry." I says, looking down. Yeah, your victim act won't work on me. "So, how have you been?"

"Pretty good, considering all of the shit you've put me and my family through. What about you? How's your new family?" I ask.

"They're fine, thank you. You know, I named my daughter's middle name after you--"

"And you thought that was okay? You though that you could abandon and abuse your old family, then make a new one, only to name them the same, for what? Resemblance? To remember us? Because you certainly didn't seem to remember we were actual human beings with feelings and emotions for over 20 years!" I yell.

"Y/n, you don't understand my side of the story."

"No, I don't! Yes, you got mixed up in drugs before I was born, but that's the only part you can speak on. And it's not an excuse for anything that you've done! But do you remember my side of the story? Because I remember that because of the drugs, you became abusive towards my mom. My mom, who's never done anything wrong to anyone in her life. And once you found out she was pregnant, you ran away as quickly as you could. And then I was born. A fatherless nerd with no future. Then, my mom met Dustin's dad, and they were happy for a while. Then, my mom was pregnant with Dustin. And then guess who decided to show up again?" I say, tears starting to form. I didn't want to remember these things. I tried for years to forget everything, but I guess it was too late.