(6.) Hellfire in action

Y/n's Pov:

After work on Monday, the rest of the week quickly skips. Good thing, I've been waiting for spring break for way too long. However, that means that I have to break the news to Hellfire Club that I'm missing another practice. That can wait, I have a pep rally to go to.

As the morning bell rings, all of the students make their way into the gym, ready for some Hawkins High School spirit. Yayyy. The only thing good about this was that I could watch Robin work her magic with the trumpet. 

I quickly wake my way into the gym, and take a seat next to my brother, Mike, and Max.

"Look, I'm not saying that my girlfriend is better than yours." Dustin says to Mike, unaware of my presence. "It's just that Suzie's, like, a certified genius."

"You do realize that El saved the world twice, right?" Mike retaliates. 

"And yet you still have a C in Spanish." Dustin adds. 

"Instead of arguing with each other, how about you pay attention to the pep rally?" I tell them. Dustin just rolls his eyes and watches the pep rally.

Just then, the band stops playing, along with the cheer squad, as the basketball team is about to be introduced. Robin claps with her band friends, then tries to find me in the crowd. I wave my hand around, hoping to catcher her attention. And it works. I smile at her, and she smiles back. I give her a quick thumbs up, and continue watching the rally.

"Let's hear it for your Tigers!" The announcer yells as the players run into the gym. I keep my eyes peeled for Lucas.

"Good morning Hawkins High!" Jason, the basketball captain, says into the microphone once all the players are stationed in a line. Great. This bitch gets the privilege of making a speech. However, the audience cheers and waits eagerly for Jason to continue. I just zone out and wait for it to end. 

From what I paid attention to, he thanked the audience, gave a special remark to Chrissy, his girlfriend, and started saying that everyone who had died in Hawkins would have wanted them to win this game. Bullshit. Hm... my guess is that they would want the entire upside down completely destroyed, but winning a sports game is a close second. 

Jason mentions the championship game tonight, and that sets Dustin and Mike off.

"Wait, tonight?" Mike asks.

"How is that possible?" Dustin says.

"They call it a tournament." Max states. "You win one game, you go on until there's only one team left."

"Did you two seriously not know the game was today?" I ask them. You would think they would care about things that are important to their friends, but I guess not.

Everyone is released from the pep rally, and we all head to our next classes.

"I don't get what the big deal is. Just talk to Eddie." Lucas says. "Get him to move Hellfire to another night."

"Just talk to Eddie." My brother mocks.

"Dustin!" I scold.

"Why don't you just talk to your coach and get him to move the game?" Mike says.

"I think that's a great idea." My brother claims.

"Why thank you Dustin." Mike says.

"This is the championship game." Lucas says. I was completely on his side in this.

"And this is the end of Eddie's campaign." Dustin states. "A semester of adventuring has led to this moment, and we need you."

"Yeah, and the Tigers don't. You've been on the bench all year."

Falling Fast in 1986 - (2.) Robin Buckley x readerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें