Chapter 2 "North Star is shining"

Yotan had woked up from his sleep and looked outside. It was night already.

"Huh? Isn't that..?"

Yotan saw Jaga who was outside.

What is she doing? Isn't she going to be cold?

He then runned outside and slowly got closer to Jaga.

"Ahh!"

"Oh sorry! I didn't mean to scare you.."

"What are you doing here Yotan?"

"I saw you on your own..Just wondering and I took a walk..Aren't you cold?"

"No..I am a elf..so no.."

"Oh..Sorry..Well..I am returning to.."

Jaga looked how clumsy boy was turning his back to her.Then she did something she hasn't done ever. She reached on Yotan's hand.

"Wait..Don't you want to see North Star?"

"North Star?"

Jaga nodded and pointed at the sky. Yotan's eyes went to sky and the North Star which was surrounded by northen lights.

Northen lights...I..have not..seen them..ever..

It was breathtaking view and Yotan had not seen anything more beautiful in his life. (Well expect Jaga..). Yotan's eyes were filled with different emotions. He felt sad but also in the same relived. Then he reliazed something.

Oh..Wait! I am here alone with Jaga..With JAGA!..What should I..do..? I hope I didn't interupted..her..No!..Um..

"Yotan?"

"Huh?"

"What is on your mind?"

"Nothing.."

Jaga sighed and took Yotan's face to her hands.

"Don't you dare lie to me! I know that look..Something is bothering you..It's the same..look..well..when..I..um..insulted you back in Basil's castle..Anyways! Tell me what is it? Is it about Didi and Smoo? I can talk them about it and say they shouldn't judge you for it.."

Yotan looked at elf girl. Why she was so suddenly so protective over him? And why did she put her hands on his face? It was really hard to speak..

"Hey..Jaga..Can you let go..?..It really hurts.." said Yotan.

But some reason Jaga didn't let go.

Oh..wow...his cheeks are so soft..

"Gosh! Jaga can you let go!? Are you gonna squuze me to death!?"

Jaga then woke up from her trance. She then let go.

"Sorry..I got carried away.." said Jaga and looked away.

"It's okay..But next time don't squuze me because I could feel the electric power from your hands." said Yotan and smiled.

Yotan then took a small breath and sighed.

"But you are correct..I really feel like I am burden..for Santa and all of you. And so unfit for being Red Caps leader..Maybe it's just my insecurity...In reality I just wanted a family which would loved me as me. This whole 'magic star' it's so new to me. I am not a fighter like you or smart like Smoo or strong like Didi.."

Jaga looked at Yotan. She understood his insecurities because she was like that before she got her magic star. She was afraid to get someone to hurt because she didn't know how to control it.

"I understand that..But still..Santa choose you..You should be proud of that.."

Yotan was not fully convinced.

"If I ever leave..I want you to become leader.." said Yotan quietly.

"What did you say?"

"Nothing.."

"Okay"

There were silence between Yotan and Jaga. Until Jaga started to speak again.

"Tell me about those books you borrowed.."

"You mean Spy x Family and Quiet? Why do want to know about them?"

"Just out of curiousity..I just want to make sure that those are not for children.."

"Of course they are not for children! Really..I just want smack Smoo and Didi for insulting my favorite series..So anyways..Spy x Family is about..."

Yotan continued to speaking about his favorite books then he noticed that it was getting more and more dark.

"Maybe we should continue in morning.." said Yotan and yawed a little.

Jaga nodded. She looked how Yotan started to walk back at their home. She really felt happy that they could talk and Yotan could be honest with her. But still..There was something that Yotan didn't tell Jaga and she could felt it.

He is..such enthuashim but still calm person..when he is talking about his favorite things..Socially akward even..And his humor..

Jaga took another glance at north star. She then whispered something but only to trees and snow to hear.

"Yotan! Wait for me!"

Yotan who couldn't hear Jaga was suprised again from her hug.

"Hey! Don't scare me like that! Please get of me!"

"Nope...I want you to carry me..." said Jaga who eventually fell a sleep.

Yotan sighed and continued walking while holding Jaga on his back.

I thought she was tough person..Why is so soft right now? Well..seems like her inner child is coming out...This is not the Jaga who I met first...Either way..Both of her sides are..unique..She can take care of herself..and tasks of Santa..even though being so young..Wait..I gotta ask Jaga how old is she..

With those thoughts Yotan continued walk back to Santa's home. Only being suprised by Smoo and Didi. They seemed a little tense.

"Hey guys...What's up?"

"Where were you?"

"With Jaga.."

"Why?"

Yotan started to get a little impatient. And shot a glare at Didi.

"Why do you bother?"

"Because.."

"Because of what?"

Smoo looked at Didi who was silent.And was looking so jealous.

"If you wake up Jaga now..I won't forgive you guys.."

Then Didi didn't continue and just let Yotan to continue to Jaga's room. Yotan then lied her down.

"Thanks for showing me northen lights and north star" whispered Yotan and closed door.

Being tired from the trip Yotan decided to get back to his room. But he didn't notice how pair of really angry eyes were watching him.

(Chapter 2📍📝)