Chapter 13: Nicole River

Start from the beginning

Autumn yelled.

"Your highness have always been strong! At twelve-years old you had to go through so much it was not even a week after your wedding where your powers manifested. " (Autumn, said)

"You had constantly fevers and were on the verge of death. Then at thirteen years old, you threw up constantly because your powers made you feel nauseous. At fourteen years old your body was in constant pain as if your bones were being crushed and the only way you could move around was by crawling. " (Autumn, said)

"When you turned fifteen years old you  began to throw up blood as your awakening exploded because you inherit all the elemental powers. At sixteen years old  it was so hard on you that you could hardly swallow from the pain and now that you are seventeen years old the only thing you practice is how to control your powers or how to control your core due to the excessive powers. " (Autumn, said)

"Now think back, look how much pain and the amount of weight you lost. If you weren't strong enough you wouldn't be here. A weak person would have just given up." (Autumn, said)

"But-"(Aneria, said)

Autumn interrupted.

"A lot of people asked why me why you didn't come out. Why no one's seen your face and yet they loved to talk behind your back about how unsatisfied you were marrying the prince that you threw a fit and locked yourself in for the world. Those cruel people never once stopped and asked how you were not even that butler." (Autumn, said)

"And know that you are seventeen and a half you have learned how to control those powers. Never has there been a day or night that you haven't researched or planned out how to fix Aspen even during all the pain. Please, your parents would be so proud of you." (Autumn, cried)

Autumn was angry while tears kept coming down her cheeks.

"!" (Aneria)

'My parents would be proud?' (Aneria's inner thoughts)

"Thank you, Autumn, I can only trust you. I didn't have anyone else since I was locked up in the room. When I got better everyone was on the prince's side so I felt a little insecure to trust people and be betrayed again." (Aneria, said )

"Haha, but your highness that's because everyone was afraid as he acted like a tyrant getting rid of so many people in the castle." (Autumn, said)

"Sniff, now, now your highness remember if other people had the powers you have they probably would've kept them to themselves. Instead, you are doing your best to change people's lives for the better so don't feel down and finish purifying that water then." (Autumn, said)

'Nod' (Aneria)

Aneria looked at her reflection in the water.

'I can use my powers to help people. I am still young but I can do this, I want to grow stronger where I don't always have to depend on my power and can defend myself without using them.'(Aneria's  inner thoughts)

Aneria thought to herself with a strong will.

"Ok here I go."(Aneria, said)

She placed her hands lightly on the water while blue energy surrounded her as it grew brighter by the second. It was so bright that it could blind anyone near it.

Then the whole river became completely clear.

"I-I did it!" (Aneria, said)

"I thought it was going to take two more weeks but how?"(Aneria, asked)

Autumn smiled brightly at the confused Aneria

"Because your highness is very powerful, to think you are only seventeen and a half. I can't wait till your highness grows older you will become immensely strong at this pace." (Autumn, said)

"..." (Aneria)

Aneria still looked at her hands confused

"Now, now lets head to guild master Martin's estate." (Autumn, said)

At Martin's small mansion-

"Master you seem to be in a good mood today does it have to do with today's special visitors?" (Daniel butler, asked)

The young curious butler questioned Martin standing in front of the mansion entrance where Martin waited excitedly.

"Yes, well let's say I see this guest as my granddaughter." (Martin, said)

Martin smiled warmly.

"Ah your granddaughter" (Daniel, said)

Startled by the realization

"Wait master your grandaughter you say?"(Daniel, asked)

"Yes" (Martin, said)

"But why your grandaughter master?" (Daniel, asked)

'Actual, at first I thought she was a young innocent naive young lady, but then she turned arrogant and dangerous. I thought I would lose my life when she threaten me with her fire magic but when she gave me the candy it made me realize that threatening me was her only type of mechanism to protect herself and what she truly wanted was to help out the people.' (Martin's inner thoughts)

' Inside she was still a very kind child, it reminded me of my granddaughter that I took care of before I was banished to Aspen.' (Martin's inner thoughts)

"Ah she must be a special one normally you don't let anyone in your estate." (Daniel, said)

"That's right and she will be coming here more often so make sure no word gets out, I want to make sure that child is safe." (Martin, said)

'Though I doubt she will ever be in danger since she can threaten people like that'(Martin's inner thoughts)

"Understood." (Daniel, said)

"Thank you." (Martin, said)

The two men were so distracted by the atmosphere didn't realize Aneria and Autumn watching them.

"Ahem.." (Aneria)

Martin suddenly turned around and smiled brightly and Daniel looked away embarrassed.

"Ah you finally here, come in." (Martin, said)

As  Aneria and Autumn followed the cheerful Martin and the flustered butler inside the mansion they were treated with some servants and a red carpet.

"..." (Aneria and Autumn)

Both looked at each other speechless.

"We greet the special guests." (Servants)

"H-hello" (Aneria, said)

Aneria greeted the servants  flustered.

"Don't worry they won't say a word." (Martin, said)

'Nod'  (Aneria)

"Ahem...anyways I know what you're here for follow me ladies." (Martin, said)

Martin started walking towards a corner wall with one grey rustic door.