⤷Tips on Writing Short Action Story pt.2

╔════════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ════════╗

𝕿𝖎𝖕𝖘 𝖔𝖓 𝖂𝖗𝖎𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝕾𝖍𝖔𝖗𝖙 𝕬𝖈𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓 𝕾𝖙𝖔𝖗𝖎𝖊𝖘

╚════════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ════════╝

This is the continuation of the previous chapter. Here we are going to explain the 3 more steps in creating short action stories.

≫ ──── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──── ≪

4. Draft a middle focused on the story's message

One of the things that we should know about her is that we need to be consistent with the scenes, and plot in our stories. 

-Don't edit as you write

You should have a clear sense of your story's overall aim, so just sit down and write towards that aim as best you can. The first draft is very important as it creates the first layer of the backbone of the story. 

-Backstory is rarely needed

Instead of being spoon-fed every single detail, your reader can ponder the subtext themselves and come to their own conclusions. Write something that shows the event rather than just telling it. You need to create phasing because if we fail to do that overexplaining the scene can cause boredom on the side of the reader.  

5. Write a memorable ending

One of the issue not just in writing short stories is that you're plot, ending, and scenes--- is not completely unique. 

But to be honest, the grandeur of a book is not in the plot, but in how you write it. Because no matter how cliche or typical the plot is, if it's polished and well-written, a reader will love it.

-What has changed about the character?

It's typical for a story to put a protagonist through their paces as a means to tease out some kind of character development. Many stories will feature a classic redemption arc, but it's not the only option. The ending might see the main character making a choice based on having some kind of profound revelation. Characters might change in subtler ways, though, arriving at a specific realization or becoming more cynical or hopeful. Or, they might learn absolutely nothing from the trials and tribulations they've faced.

-Has our understanding of them changed?

Human beings are innately resistant to change. Instead of putting your characters through a great epiphany or moment of transformation, your ending could reveal an existing truth about them. For example, the ending might reveal that your seemingly likable character is actually a villain — or there may be a revelation that renders their morally dubious action in a kinder light.

6. Refine the plot and structure of your short story

One piece of advice is that you need to have the patience and time to edit and proofread every single detail in the story. In this way, you can cut out unnecessary details that are making your story long. 

It is also important to take constructive criticism from others. Advice and criticism are a really big help in improving your talent and skills as a writer

≫ ──── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──── ≪

Web Resources: https://blog.reedsy.com/guide/short-story/how-to-write-a-short-story/