⤷Tips on Writing Synopsis

╔══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══════╗

𝕿𝖎𝖕𝖘 𝖔𝖓 𝖂𝖗𝖎𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝕾𝖞𝖓𝖔𝖕𝖘𝖎𝖘

╚══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══════╝

Now let us go to a short yet one of the most critical elements in a story—the Synopsis. Readers tend to read the synopsis and sometimes use it as a basis if they want to read the story or not. 

So writing a synopsis that catches attention, intrigues, and do not give away the whole story is a struggle for every writer. 

Let us first define it...

≫ ──── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──── ≪

What is a Synopsis?

- it is a brief summary or general survey of something.

- summary of a book that familiarizes the reader with the plot and how it unfolds. 

Your novel synopsis should achieve two things: 

- Firstly, it should convey the contents of your book, 

-Secondly, it should be intriguing!

While you don't need to pull out all the marketing stops at this stage, you should have a brief hook at the beginning and a sense of urgency underlying the text that will keep your reader going. It should make potential agents want to devour your whole manuscript — even though they'll already know what happens.

While writing your synopsis, make sure that it includes:

A complete Your own voice and unique elements of your storyThe ending or resolution 

 Some authors recommend keeping it to 500 words, while others might write thousands.

Four Ways on How To Create One

1. Get the basics down first

When it comes to writing a synopsis, the substance is the name of the game. No matter how nicely you dress it up, an agent will disregard any piece that doesn't demonstrate a fully fleshed-out plot and strong narrative arc. So it stands to reason that as you begin writing, you should focus on the fundamentals.

Start with major plot points

Naturally, you want readers to be aware of your stories. So the best way to start summarizing your story is to create a list of those plot points, including:

what sparks the central conflict of your story?what happens in the interlude between the inciting incident and the climax, and how does this build tension?The height of the action, or climax, of your story The resolution or ending — again, unlike a blurb, a synopsis doesn't need to dangle the carrot of an unknown ending to the reader; you can and should reveal your story's ending here, as this brings the plot and narrative arc to a close.

By answering the questions you can effectively create a good synopsis

Include character motivations

One of the key points is to not get deep with the explanations of information so that the readers would still have room to read it in the story itself.  Instead, simply at the beginning and end of your synopsis — first as justification for the inciting incident, then again to bring home the resolution. For example:

Beginning: "Sally has spent the past twenty years wondering who her birth parents are [motivation]. When a mysterious man offers her the chance to find them, she spontaneously buys a ticket to Florence to begin her journey [inciting action]."