Chapter 1

2439 - words

I’m such a fool.

If I were smart, I would not be locked up in an underground jail like I am now, I would not be able to see all of them for more than a week, and I would not have tried to poison my sister.

I lay alone in the cell.

Did Marianne frame me?” Seeing the weird smile on the that kid’s face, I couldn’t help but have that thought.

What her smile revealed was not revenge for the person who tried to poison her, but she was happy or even excited about my fall.

It was a malicious smile. For the first time in my life, I knew that Marianne still had such a face.

But why?

Marianne was the child of a maid. On my 11th birthday, the child who used to live on the street officially entered the palace. That was three years ago, when she was only ten years old.

The reason why Marianne can be recognized as the blood of the royal family, was her golden eyes played a big role.

In the empire, gold was regarded as a symbol of nobility. Because it is said that Selena, the youngest god of the Edenbell Empire, has a pair of golden pupils.

For the royal family, the rare golden children’s are always given priority to be selected as heirs to the throne. Although Marianne cannot be the heir, her golden eyes are enough to prove the royal blood.

Although it is difficult to enter the palace, it is not easy to become an emperor once in such a strange place. So I always take care of that child and try my best to treat her well. Whenever she is in trouble, I will discuss countermeasures with her. If she needs help, I will actively and selflessly help her.

I have never done anything that would make her resent me.

But why does that child harbor malice towards me? Everything becomes confusing and confusing.

But at this moment. There was the sound of soft footprints from a distance.

“It shouldn’t be the time to distribute food.” I half-opened my eyes. In the dark, my perception of time becomes very sensitive. Obviously, there is still a while away from catering.

Then I heard a lark-like voice talking to the guard.

“From here on I want to go there alone.”

“But, Princess Mariana, it’s dangerous.”

“It’s okay. Didn’t you say that she was kept in a separate room? I want to chat with her.”

I felt my heart beating faster and heavier, as if it was about to pop out of my chest.

Is her.

The heavy footsteps of the guards got farther and farther, and the light steps that seemed like dancing and getting closer and closer.

I heard the sound of a small door being opened above the Iron Gate, which was originally a hole used to monitor prisoners. Similarly, I can imagine Marianne looking down at me.

“Sister.” It was an extremely lively voice.

“…You….” I replied in a nervous and hoarse voice due to lack of water.

Tired?” Strangely, she looked very happy.

“Tired?” Hearing the almost sure tone, I was silent and did not answer her, and she did not speak for a long time.