Chapter XIII: Escape Plan

Next day as expected I got a call from Tiya and she said

"Adil! We have to carry out the plan on wedding day coz only that day My security will be loosened. At the time when the groom will arrive (around 2 pm), I will exit from my room. Eloping from the entrance gate of our house is near to impossible so I will first run up to the terrace of our house. Our neighbour's terrace is so close to our's terrace so I will get to their terrace first and by using the stairs I will get down to the exit of their house. You keep your car attached to that gate and when I come you just need to press the accelerator."

I was quite impressed by her excellent plan but still, I had one question so I asked "what if your brother and your family came behind us?"

"Yeah! I have discussed this with Suhani. The last phase of this plan is that we won't catch our flight from Indira Gandhi airport in Delhi instead we will travel by car to Dehradun airport which is around 214km from my house and from there I will catch my flight to Kolkata." She said

Now I was amazed by her Idea so I said "damn you are brilliant."

"The tickets and other info suhani will send you asap! See you on the marriage day," she said and dismissed the call.

On her marriage day, according to the plan I parked my car near her neighbour's house and started to wait for her.

Around 2:20 am I saw her getting down the stairs of that house in her wedding apparel. She was looking so enchanting wearing that Banarasi silk saree, Big round golden earrings, glittering necklace and an antique maang tikka. I became spellbound by her look for some seconds but my spellbound was broken by the sound of her neighbours who were shouting "Tiya what happened and where you are going?"

Tiya came down quickly and sat on the side seat of my car and with a loud voice replied

"to live my fucking life."

then I accelerated my car and within minutes we were out of their sight. My heart was beating too rapidly but still, my brain was getting the shots of dopamine of achievement.

Tiya was looking exhilarated and she was smiling while keeping one of her hands outside the car window. She was also quite tensed over her family so she was murmuring-

"My stupid brother wanted to prison me my whole life and marry a person like him. That stupid brat has ever experienced love in his life? Fuckin psycho"

I told her to cool herself down and forget all this shit. After covering a few kilometres Tiya took out her phone from her purse and started to call Suhani but her phone seemed to be switched off! The switch-off announcement on the call was making Tiya a little uncomfortable and her uncomfortableness was making me a little twitchy so I told her to try calling her office number. She called her office the ring was made but nobody picked up the call. Tiya became quite pissed and Said, "why she ain't picking up the call."

I was also quite surprised by such an endeavour of Suhani but to keep Tiya calm I replied

"Maybe she is busy making some spicy food for her wife and doesn't wanna get disturbed by anybody."

Tiya felt quite flirted. She smiled and then started the music of the car.

Listening to rocking music we finally reached the Dehradun airport within a couple of hours.

I went with her up to the entrance of the airport. Before entering the airport she hugged me and thanked me for making this successful. While she was entering the airport she got a call and she picked up

"am I speaking to Tiya?" the caller asked

"Yes sir! This is Tiya" she replied

"Mam I am speaking from Mahaveer hospital. There is a patient named Suhani who had been admitted here coz of a road accident. She was insisting to inform you so I informed you." And then the call cuts

That call wrecked Tiya's every nerve. Her mouth opened wide and her eyes filled with tears. Her legs started to shake like a pendulum and as she couldn't control her body she fell down.

Seeing her that transformation I became shocked. I went toward her and holding her hand I asked "is everything alright?"

With that sobbing face, she replied
"Suhani had met an accident!"