"Except that." He said and you snorted.

"oh! I have an idea, how about we try and see how many rounds we can go." you said giggling.

"I like the way you think. But we all know you can't last more than two or you start getting all whiney and make me do all the work."

"not true."

"you and I both know it is." he said and you rolled your eyes.

"fine. How about we just order in some really good food and watch movies."

"Ok, you sure?"

"yes I'm sure, stop doing that."

"Doing what?"

"Acting like I'm gonna die soon and we need to do as much as we can. You're acting like you're never gonna see me again Mattia." you said and he was silent for a moment.

"Kara im sorry, I can't help but be a little on edge, this all so traumatizing to me. I haven't done this since Am-" he almost chocked on his words when he was about to say her name. "I just can't help but think the same thing is gonna happen to you."

"Mattia I'm ready, that's all we can do is just be ready, so put it aside okay?" he nodded and you pulled out your phone.

"now you order the food and I pick the movie. Oh and I have to get the comfy covers." you jumped up and he smiled a little.

"Ok what are you in the mood for?"

"I'm not sure but I'll be happy with anything." you smiled and went upstairs to grab covers and some pillows off the bed. You marched back down stairs and threw them all on the couch.

"Ok I ordered some dessert, and I ordered some steak nachos for me and some chicken wings for you."

"That sounds so good, what's the desert?!"

"That's a surprise." he said zipping his mouth playfully and throwing the key.

"Oh cmon!"

"It's really good though." he laughed and you rolled your eyes. "What movie did you pick?"

"The conjuring."

"you know you can't handle scary movies baby." he said and you sat down next to him.

"I know but I'm facing my fears today." you said and scrolled for the movie on HBO Max. You two hadn't started the movie since the food hadn't came yet.

"what do you we do while we wait for the food?"

"I have an idea in mind." he said looking at you and you could just see it in his eyes.

"Oh?"  you said giggling and getting on his lap.

"mhm." he said staring at your lips practically eye fucking you.

you were unbuckling his pants when the door was knocked on.

"fuck." he said irritated and got up to answer the door.

"thank you." you heard him say and soon enough he came back with food.

"yay the food is here!!" you said and got up, you followed him to the kitchen and he pulled out the food. His looked way better than yours though so you tried eating some.

"eat your own." he said taking his to the couch and you brought yours as well.

"But yours looks so good, just a tiny bite please." you begged until he finally said yes. you smiled and grabbed a piece and ate it.

You started the movie and ate a couple wings before getting full, you just cuddled on the couch with Mattia until you fell asleep.

-

When you woke up it was dark out, Mattia wasn't by you anymore. You looked at the time and it was one in the morning. you wrapped a cover around you and went upstairs.

"Mattia?" You said softly but loudly while going into the room. He wasn't in there either. you went back downstairs and got your phone from on the couch.
You called him but he didn't pick up. You were very paranoid considering the fact that you just watched a scary movie not too long ago. you called his phone again and no answer.

you texted him 'where are you?' but it didn't deliver, you were now very paranoid. you put on some slippers and put on a zip up before going out the door. The lobby wasn't packed like it is earlier in the day. Instead there were just some Night Shift workers cleaning and one behind the counter. You took the elevator down and went to the counter, where there was an old white man sitting.

"Hi, have you seen Mattia?" You asked and the worker said no, everyone in the building knew about the mafia nonsense since their boss owned the hotel. You were gonna turn around until he said something else.

"that boy is troubled, i knew it from the start." he said and you turned around.

"What?"

"I always knew he was trouble. Young teen, dead parents, full of anger." he said.

"Did you know his parents?" You asked out of curiosity, you've never really talked to Mattia about his parents you just knew they weren't in his life anymore.

"Just one, his mother. She was a sweet girl. you wouldn't think she'd have a taste for bad boys." You were guessing he was talking about his dad.

"and what happened to them?"

"very horrible thing." he said, he was about to say another thing until Mattia came over.

"kara what are you doing out here?" He said, he sounded kind of pissed.

"Oh I was looking for you." you said and looking up at him.

"Come on." He pulled you away and you waved bye to the old man.

"What did he tell you?" he said while he walked you up to the suite.

"Nothing, I was just asking him if he saw you and he said no."

"That's it?" he said unlocking the door and you both went in.

"yea, are you okay where were you?" you said locking the door and taking off your slides.

"no where." he said going upstairs.

"no where? It's 1 am what was so important that it couldn't wait until the morning? I mean you could have at least left a note or answered my calls."

"Kara it's none of your business okay? Just go to bed." He said taking his shirt off and changing into something comfy and about come lay down.

"that's not fair. You always do that and it's not fair."

"Kara, please just go to sleep. I can't tonight." he said turning off the light.

you scoffed and laid down, when he tried to wrap his arms around you, you moved away.

"Kara." He said in all seriousness.

"What?"

"Don't."

"I'm not doing anything, I simply don't want your body around me right now, is that a problem."

he rolled his eyes, said good night and turned over.

- AN
excited for you all to see the mission chapter... got a few things up my sleeveeee ;))