Chapter 4

Beta: ellender

Disclaimer: I own only the plot; Tolkien though was the one that created the great world of Middle Earth. I do not own the Lord of the Rings (and associated) book series, nor any of the characters from it. I do not make any money from the writing of the story. 

After three long days with not much rest, they all arrived at the gates.  Aragorn felt someone looking at him.

Once the gates were open, Aragorn let everyone in his company pass him, and he saw Gimli glaring at him.

King Elessar stared at Rúmil, "I thought that you left."

"I did leave, but then your guards came looking for me, to tell me what had happened. So I had to come back." Rúmil explained.

They rode side by side, and Rúmil could not help staring at Aragorn from time to time. He was curious to know if Legolas was still amongst the living.

Once they got to the entrance, the guards helped the king to dismount.  Rúmil dismounted as well, and followed the king inside.

As they walked down the hallway, Rúmil could not stop himself from pinning the king against a wall and kissing him slowly, and Aragorn lovingly kissing him back.

Rúmil broke the kiss and smiled at him, "I missed you, lover."

"I missed you too Rúmil," Aragorn told him and moved his hand to brace the elf's face.

"Is it true? Did Legolas lose your baby?" Rúmil suddenly asked as they walked down the hallway.

"I do not know.  I need to check his wound and heal him." Aragorn replied, facing him, giving him a quick kiss before he entered the room.

Rúmil followed the king into the room, noticing the glare that the dwarf shot at him. He stared at the form in the bed, and the blood saturated bandage on Legolas's belly.

"Is he going to be all right? Is the baby going to make it?" Rúmil asked with concern.

"I honestly do not know, but you can stay in the room." Aragorn replied.

Once Aragorn slowly removed the blood saturated bandage, he cleaned the wound and put herbs on it to heal it, covering it with a new bandage. He looked back at Rúmil.

"Are you done?" Gimli asked him harshly.

"Why?" Aragorn asked him back.

"I need to speak with you in private." Gimli replied.

"Rúmil, you can stay in the room with Legolas, while Gimli and I speak outside." Aragorn softly said to Rúmil.