Episode 17 of Kiralık Aşk

In episode 17 of Kiralık Aşk when Defne says that she could not eat and sleep because of her love for Ömer, these words were actually added to the script, because the team had to give and explanation to the viewers about Elçin's weight loss during...

In episode 17 of Kiralık Aşk when Defne says that she could not eat and sleep because of her love for Ömer, these words were actually added to the script, because the team had to give and explanation to the viewers about Elçin's weight loss during the series.

As you know, a little bit after the beginning of Kiralık Aşk, Elçin had lost appetite and had stopped feeding herself. The reason for all this were the rumours and gossips that the Owl (G.O.) had spread about her, which said that Elçin was an alcoholic, she was rude and rampant, and her father had left her with suspected paternity. All those fake rumours, the thrown dirt at Elçin and attacks had brought Elçin down, which had led to her lack of appetite, after which she had got ill and had gone in hospital for the first time. Barış's mother had gone to the hospital twice, in order to see her.

The whole team had been worried about Elçin's lack of appetite.

Other artists in the series had repeatedly tried to get Elçin to eat something at least during the filming, which was why there were always scenes with food in most of the episodes. This was, also, why Koray had started calling Defne "kuru kız", meaning "skinny girl". Iz (Leyla Lidia) was also surprised that Defne (Elçin) ate nothing and Ömer (Barış) said "We feed her with a dosimeter." (again in episode 17), which was how they actually had been feeding Elçin herself during those times.