Chapter 3

The drive. I miss this drive so much, it is like coming home after a very, very long time.

"I feel the tension in the air. No, I can't let you leave.  So I kill my insecurities. Oh! You can't do better  Oh  You can't do better...!" I sang.

Unfortunately I was  interrupted to my phone ringing and it was my mum.

"Hello"

"Hey mum, what's up"

"I forgot to tell you and your brother before we left but I just wanted to say I want you to be better about helping out this summer. Like, don't just leave your dishes in the sink. Load them into the dishwasher. And not just your own dish, either, Noah."

"Yeah, Noah." I said

"Shut up Jess!"

"No. You shut can fuck up!"

"Are you on your period?" Noah  muttered.

"NOAH!" My mum yelled and I hear her smack him on the head.

"What I but..."

I laugh and Noah was so pissed but he knew he could not yell at me or hit him because I wasn't in their car.

" Anyways, I want you to be good houseguests."

"Mom, Susannah has people who clean, doesn't she?"

"Noah." my mum said while hitting his head again.

"Ow! All right. All right. Sorry."

"You deserve it ." I said.

"Just be considerate and act like I raised you right. That means don't stay out too late."

"Mom, We're too old for a curfew!"

"Yeah! I agree with Noah. I am 18 and Noah is 17!"

"That's a first. Anyways just do what I said" mum said

Noah and I nodded and I declined the call.

I pulled up at the gas station to get gas and afterward I went to get some snacks for the rest of the trip. I ran straight into the shop and went to the toilet. After  I grab myself some sour patches, gum and a drink.

"Coming to the bonfire tonight? First of the season."

"Uh, maybe."

"Come. I'll introduce you to some of my friends."

"Maybe I will"

"Fuck I need to buy a pack of cigarettes."

"I need your ID"

"Errr-"

"Or I could give it to you for free if I could get your snap"

"Sure why not"

"Thanks.... Jessica" he said looking down my name

"Everyone calls me Jess. Bye...Dylan" I said looking at my phone 

I get in the car and touch up my makeup and hair. I look at the clock and realise I am going to be really early so I decided to go to the beach. So I put my phone on silent and headed to the beach

———————————————————————————————————————————————-

I park up at the beach, changed in the back of my car and put a bikini on. I grabbed a beach towel and headed to the beach. I lay down about for an hour and checked the time to see that I have an hour left. So I decided to rent a surfboard. 

After about 2 hours, I get out of the sea and grabbed my phone and realised I had 7 missed calls from my mum and 5 missed calls from my brother.

"FUCK!"

I quickly called my mum and she was yelling at my on the phone.

"JESS WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU? DO YOU KNOW WORRIED WE ALL ARE. YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE HERE TWO HOURS AGO! WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU?"

"my car was low on gas and i realised so I went to get petrol. Since I was going to get to the beach house early I headed into town and-"

All of the sudden the waves started to get bigger and the sounded became high enough for my mum to hear and to figure out that I was at the beach. FML!

"ARE YOU AT THE FUCKING BEACH? JESS WHEN YOU GET TO HOUSE I AM GOING TO KICK YOUR ASS! HURRY THE FUCK UP"

"Yeah ok bye" and then I hunged up.

I went back to the car and dried up and changed into my clothes and quickly fixed my makeup and hair. Thankfully my makeup is alright since I used a waterproof setting spray.I just reapply my mascara and did my lipliner and gloss.