𝟚𝟠.

warning : a medium level abuse ahead

"what did he offer in return" I asked Father with my tear filled eyes. I know this has to be some kind of business deal. he is making money from a marriage deal, what did I expect from such a man.

"you don't have to know" he said not even looking at me as if I didn't exist at all.

"I have to know, I need to know. how could you decide my marriage against my wish. You never treated me like a daughter, you only saw me as a money making machine. you never let me have friends not even in school. whenever I saw my classmates fathers' come and pick them up from school I sit there waiting for the driver to come. you never let me live peacefully, always controlling me and treating me like some shit, I'm your daughter for god's sake. Leave me, did you ever treat your wife like anyone should. You never treated vikram like a son too. what will you achieve in your life by treating everyone like this." I cried out spilling all my emotions that I have been hiding until today.

"enough Vaishali go to your room now" Mother said walking me by my arm.

"Don't stop me today, I have to speak out how messed up this family is. it looks perfect for the outside world, but little do they know about this mentally unstable man" I said getting out of her hold but the next second Father slapped me right across my face with so much force that the sound reverberated in the whole house.

"what else can you do except from slapping me, you still cant change the truth will you. because of you I lost my childhood, because of you I lost my job, because of you I lost my college degree, because of you I.. I lost.. the love of my life. What more do you want to take from me. take my body too and use it for money. but you already sold me didn't you?" I asked to which Vikram and mother looked disgusted at the last statement except for my father.

"and you" I pointed to my mother.

"what were you doing when this man was spoiling my life, sitting and listening to him like a good wife? enjoying while your children's life is getting spoiled. My classmates used to bring all delicious food, home cooked by their mom. what did I bring to school? some junk left from the other day. do you know how lonely and isolated I felt those days craving for some love, especially motherly love. I have seen parents treasuring children's report cards, medals, photos and what not from they were in nursery. do you have any of those saved, do you at least know which school I studied in? sometimes I doubt if you truly are my mother" I said and she gasped, but I was least to care right now because this is not the anger of a twenty-two year old, its the breakdown of a child.

"did you ever observe how I address you both? I call you father and mother. are you not ashamed of this because all others address their parents as dad and mom, daddy and mommy. how much I craved to call you both lovingly. but I didn't see such love in you both" I said still crying falling on my knees and weeping like a small child. Vikram came and embraced me into a hug and I don't know what came into me, I cried into his shoulder even harder. he too faced the same childhood as me even though he did many sinful things, he too was a child once.

"will you leave me alone if I pay you what Surya is paying" I said getting up and standing right in front of him. if money is what he wants from this deal I will give him that. I have to do everything to stop this marriage even if it costs my life.

"no" his answer was straight out of his heart.

"why"

"Because I want to get rid of you" 

Am I really that worthless that my own father wants to get rid of me. did nothing I told until now get inside his head. even a stone would be moved listening to misery but this man right here is something worse than a stone.