𝟚.

"You are getting married after you complete your studies"

He didn't ask me rather he was saying it as if I had no say in it. "But I don't want to get married that early, I am just 21 and I will be 23 by the time I compete my MBA. I've already told you that I want to start a company for myself and If you want you can own it too and I" I was cut off by my mother and she said "there is no need for you to start a new company because the groom that we will choose for you will be rich enough to feed you and he will also help us in our business, what do you say darling" she said now facing father.

"Yes, you are right and listen the reason I agreed to let you study MBA is not because it is your dream but because your future husband might want you to have a degree rather than an auditor." he said and vikram smiled looking at my helpless state.

"Please father, if you want I will even take more clients and earn more than what I am earning now, and after I start my company I will make sure you have the majority stake in the company, for once listen to me, I don't want to get married this early to some stranger. I will do whatever you want but please don't get me married, mother please I am begging you ask him to change his decision, please. Please" I sobbed

"You are getting married after your studies or we are going back to house, decide what you want, if you want to do your MBA then it is on the condition that you will get married or nothing" he declared

"but bhaiya is still not married, why do you want me to do it, I have never asked anything in my life at least let me take a decision in this matter" I said by raising my voice a little and mother raised her hand to slap me but was stopped by vikram and he murmured "not now, there are people here". She lowered her hand but father interrupted and declared "you are getting married after your studies willing or unwillingly and end of discussion".

Defeated I closed my eyes and let the waterworks start from my eyes. I don't know when I slept but I was woken up by a turbulence in the flight and from then I was thinking how my life will turn out after my studies. And who will be my husband, will he also treat me like this, will he ever let me have choice, will he ever talk to me like a normal human does, will he treat me like his servant, or will I get an understanding husband.

Arjun's pov

"Mom when are you going to stop pampering me I am not a child anymore" I whined as she was feeding me fourth poori. "this is not pampering ajju baby, today there will be lot of work in college because the freshers are joining today and you will need more energy to do all the work" she said shoving another morsel in my mouth and I chewed it lazily. "Where is your hero, can't see him" I said referring to my dad. "He must be coming down any moment now" as she was saying dad came and sat on his chair looking at something on his phone.

"What's wrong looks like something is bothering you" I asked looking at his face. "nothing you know about this Sam's university right they are spending a huge sum for their advertisement this year, they may get few more admissions than us this year but what is the use of spending so much for this petty reason, this fools with money" he said with pure hate and irritation.

"I agree with you on the money reason, but I highly doubt they will get more admissions than us, you know your father right he is gonna solve everything don't worry dad" I said assuring him.

He smiled and said yes your grandfather knows how to handle everything. Of course he does know everything even at his late sixties he works as if he is in his twenties. He is the dean of our college and nobody until now has raised a voice again his decision. Everyone including dad is scared to look at him in the eye.me too actually

But one thing I don't like about him is I sometimes see him giving importance to people looking at their financial status. He takes some admissions by recommendations and I hate such people who use their money to get into this college. Anyways where did my feeding machine go? She let my mouth rest for this long. And I looked for my mother and found out she went to the kitchen, seeing this a as a chance I took my bike keys and went out silently. I have to escort the new students today and teach them everything.