🌻IRIS

Life, it's unfair.

It has always been a nasty matter.

It give people bliss but in return of suffering.

Life is limited. It starts and ends in ways people wanted it to be. Or is it?

Life had always and will always be influenced by certain factors, such as destiny, fate... even death. It is alike of a soup mixed from different ingredients to form an appetizing cuisine. However, with life, people are always been tied by circumstances that strengthen, as what they say, of the future that is inevitable. Humans have often reckon the choices they made as even now, a simple yes or no question becomes a dilemma for many as the concluding decision turns consequential.

Fairness? None a speck was shared to us by the world. We continue on fighting for the things that we deemed necessary and righteous but, as to what expense?

Indeed, a hero we may call at the end of the day but, will it equate to the numerous opportunity that it could be avoided – that people could have walked a different way?

Truly, humans have forgotten to asked about their own desires – how selfish it may be. For they have been living in a notion that even a tiny portion of kindness could change the world as it is. That is why, some humans are selfless. They provide comfort in ways we know without owning the chance of being the one comforted unto. The light has always been within us – a mere seedling which sprouted and bore flowers, but with how the world is, such plant that grew have been uprooted by the darkness and malice that effortlessly grasp people. It tainted the once naive and pure humanity. It turned humans in the monsters that walked with the sun.

That's what turned him into what he is today. It shaped his claws and strengthen the being that completely taunts him to succum into an endless chasm of darkness. A place where hope and even a single stream of light wouldn't seep through. A place tight and had bounded him in an eternal salvation through monstrosity.

Yet, how come?

They shattered and crushed the walls that prevented him of grasping the warmth of the light he had forsaken. They allowed the darkness to fear the warmth that they bring. They, who he abhor and wanted dead.

Truly, Claude was conflicted. He's torn between the boundary of wanting to hope and once again letting the darkness be one with him. Just because they came. They give him questions he never wanted to have, caused his emotions to resurface, and completely allowing his self in contradicting the will of his conscious.

Nevertheless, seeing the calmness of a scarred lily's visage had him to further comtemplate his constant decision. If any, if he could just will himself to do so, he would have cradled her in his arms, away from something that she so feared. Fear that he would always see even when she wear her deceiving stoic expression. But he couldn't. He will never be when he could feel the peculiar sensation in his core whenever he would glance at her eyes.

Her expression churned and unleashed the emotions inside, spiralling the unknown guilt he had – never knowing where it was founded. He felt the need to be away from her – not of disgust, but of something inexplicable ushering him that he should do so – that it was for her good. However, he had had not the will to do so.

Just the mere thought of her visage grasping his mind, fueled the emotion of some distant hope. Hope that he never knew of what. He was utterly defeated in this type of war. He could not seem to grasp the answer when even it was in the very front of him.

Maybe he feared of knowing it, maybe not.

" It looks like the Princess and y/n's having a good dream." Felix pronounced behind the curtains that separate him from the people he adore.