Chapter 25

Third person's POV

Hum jo chalne lage
Chalne lage hai ye raaste
Ahaa manzil se behtar lagne
Lage hai ye raaste

Both Abir and Mishti were now grooving to the music and enjoying the breeze, in an auto. It'd been just few hours since they had left Aurangabad and they were already in Jaipur. Just two more hours and they'd reach Bathinda. So Mishti had decided to abandon the bloody car and explore the city.

Hum jo chalne lage
Chalne lage hai ye raaste
Ahaa manzil se behtar
Lagne lage hai ye raaste

Mishti took a nice time in deciding which scarf she wanted to buy whereas Abir stood at a distance contemplating why did he ever suggest shopping at the first place.

Aao kho jaye hum
Ho jaye hum yun laapata
Aao milo chalen
Jaana kaha na ho pata

Abir finally mustered his courage and pulled Mishti away from the hand bags store. But her eyes fell on the metallic ear rings shop. Then he too joined in, asking her to try on hundred and one rings. Finally she bought 4 pairs of them.

Hum jo chalne lage
Chalne lage hai ye raaste
Ahaa manzil se behtar
Lagne lage hai ye raaste

It was Mishti's turn to select something for him. She took an old turban and put it on his head. As he rolled his eyes, she laughed her heart out when it rolled down his head and landed on the ground. But this time, an old man helped him tie it neatly. They clicked selfies together too.

Baithe baithe aise kaise koi
Rasta naya sa mile
Tu bhi chale mai bhi chalu
Honge kam ye tabhi faasle(×2)

Abir noticed an ice cream vendor and bought two. One for him and one more for him only. As Mishti saw this, she tried to grab the delicious thing. In the process, the precious thing fell directly on Abir's legs. Another ice cream was all over his chin. Mishti was now laughing her stomach out. But then she handed him a handkey and helped him wash his face.

Aao tera mera
Na ho kisi se vaasta
Aao milo chale
Jaana kaha na ho pata

Abir proudly clicked the photographs pretending to be pushing the great cannon on the Jaipur fort, while Mishti was slapping her forehead looking at his antiques. And now, he pulled her into the frame too and embarrassed the hell out of her. But she was enjoying this carefreeness and jovial side of him.

Hum jo chalne lage
Chalne lage hai ye raaste
Ahaa manzil se behtar
Lagne lage hai ye raaste

They got on the auto again, sitting behind and Mishti covered their faces from the sun using her new dupatta as Abir smiled.

Thani kahi kahi mai samjhaun
O thani kahi kahi mai samjhaun
Ke thare bin jee na lage

An old man sang beautifully looking towards his wife as Abir and Mishti stared at them from behind. He smiled sweetly as his wife chuckled when he sang that he couldn't live without her. Abir and Mishti looked at each other as a small grin appeared on both of their faces.

Aankhen khole neende bole jaane
Kaise jagi bekhudi
Yaha waha dekho kaha leke
Jaane lagi bekhudi (×2)