Chapter 37

Mishti Bose

The "sangeet" preparations were full on swing, yet I couldn't shake that feeling off that something would go wrong. I just didn't know what else we had to face. Agilan had brought back enough traumatic troubles with him. I didn't even wanted to remember his face and the words he spoke to provoke me. Finally the plan was set. Everything was going according to it.

But this unsettling feeling didn't let me enjoy anything. When I was about to go and sit beside Maa, someone yanked my hand and cornered me in a deserted corridor. Guess who? Mr.Grumpy Ajeeb Bharadwaj. He dare not try to calm my nerves down now. Because we were in the opposite side. And I had to win this sangeet competition at any cost.

"Kya? Dance practice hogaya?" I asked stifling a laugh, knowing how much Kunal despised to dance.
"Haa. Par mai uske baare me baat karne nahi aaya." He answered coolly.
"Phir?" I eyed him confused.
"Iske baare me. Kuhu ne bataya ki tumhara seat approve hogaya London me." He said gloomily staring at the approval letter on his phone. I was about to snatch it but he raised his hand up.

"Maine bola tha usko ki mai hi time dekh ke bataungi tumhe. Uske pet me secrets aur Maanav ke haath me khaana trustable hi nahi hai." I grumbled and tip toed to grab his phone. Again I tried but this time moving a bit forward. That's when he snaked his other hand around my waist and pulled me towards him. My breath hitched as the heat in my cheeks rose. My heart beat quickened like I was standing infront of a train that was approaching me.

"Jaana zaroori hai?" Abir asked the question I dreaded the most.
"Haa." I answered honestly. I didn't wanted to.
"Ye mera sapna hai Abir. Paanch saal ke efforts sab waste hojayegi agar mai nahi gayi to." I explained as he huffed.
"Mai bhi aunga." He said like a stubborn kid. This is why we were arguing yesterday also.

"Tumhara business yaha hai. Tumhare parents yaha-"
"Par tum yaha nahi hoge. Jaha tum, waha mai." He cut me in between. I stared into his hazel brown eyes and damn Mishti! I was way too down in love than he ever thought I was. I seriously adored this man for whatever he is but this isn't the time to melt and mould into his ways. He was talking about leaving everything and coming after me.

"Abir-"
"Accha, paperwork sab hogaya ki mai aunty ko kuch help karu?" He shifted the topic so easily.
"Sab ready hai. The first thing day after tomorrow we do is ensure they go to jail." I said, eyes flaming in anger.
"Woah! Piku ji aap shaanth rahiye. Jo hoga wo dekha jayega." Abir remarked. What happened to that bossy overthinking, pre planning business man I used to have cat fights with!

"Tum na bas aise hi cute comments karte raho." I slapped his arm and then realised how we were standing. If anyone noticed us then we'd be dead in seconds. And Mr.Ajeeb Bharadwaj doesn't care about consequences.
"Meri kamar chodoge to mai kaam karne jaungi. Bahut busy hu na aajkal." I said smiling as he grumbled and released me.
"Yaha waha ghumna mat. Chalo." I told but he was already trying to escape. I glared at him and he bowed his head.
"Chalo ji." He smiled.

The function had already started as everyone had gathered.
"Oye ji hum nahi maante. Ladka pehla pighal gaya." Kuhu's aunt shouted.
"Ladki ne pehle haa kaha shaadi ke liye." Kunal's relatives hooted.
"Ladka ya ladki isme kya farak padta hai!" Someone else said as every person disagreed.
"Mai to kehti hu Kunal hi pehle propose kiya." Kuhu's relatives said this time.

"Ye to sach hai aunty ji. Kunal to pehle nazar me hi lut gaya. Pata hai kaise?" I asked and pushed Kunal forward as the song started. Abir joined him sooner.

Third person's POV

Haa ankhan de katore surma batore
Lagde chichore bade hi-fi
Dil pe darati sadde chal jaati
Maare dil gulati pooche why why (×2)

Kunal danced around for the first time around Kuhu who behaved as if she didn't hear him. And the second time, it was Abir's turn to roam around Mishti as if he was really sighting her. And this didn't go unnoticed my Mishti's mother, Nitya.

Chai me dooba biscuit hogaya
Mai to ainvayi ainvayi ainvayi ainvayi lut gaya(×4)

As the boys did the signature step, the girls were away, watching them play their tricks to woo them. They continued to dance around singing the lyrics as the DJ increased the volume.

Haaye hat re nigode, neem ke pakore
Peecha kyu na chode ghoome daayein-baayein
Tujhko sudharu, jooti main utaaru
Sar pe de maru tere dhayein-dhayein

Finally Mishti stepped beside Abir and jerked him away while Kuhu did the same to Kunal. As she and Kuhu smiled sweetly about removing their jooti, Abir and Kunal acted like they were scared and moved away from them.

Romeo bina permit ho gaya
Tu to ainvayi ainvayi ainvayi ainvayi lut gaya(×4)

Mishti and Kuhu and the other girls giggled as they saw the boys all fearful and did the signature move as the music continued. As if they had been fooled, the boys put their hands on their hips and watched the girls enjoy and dance.

Ho baalon ko main set keeta gel mal ke
Chaati choudi dolle sholle dand peil ke
Kudiyaan haraaya tune chaal chal ke
Baaton waali basket ball khel ke

Abir and Kunal advanced like they were accusing Mishti and Kuhu. While Abir pulled Mishti's hair carefully so that no one would notice, Kunal pointed a finger at Kuhu and sang the lyrics.

Haan gel-vel dekh chori patdi nahi
Dollon se umar sari katti nahi
Main khoob pehchanu tere dil me hai kya
Fitrat choron ki palatti nahi

Mishti and Kuhu fired back immediately. They waved their hands with an air of attitude and told them that they knew how guys thinking was. This time Abir and Kunal were shocked at how they were defending themselves.

Gudd dekha makhi jaise fit ho gaya
Ho tu to ainvayi ainvayi ainvayi ainvayi lut gaya(×4)

Kuhu and Mishti imitated a fly that was stuck on jaggery, as the audience laughed looking at the boys' face. And then they danced on the main lines again.

Ho main to ainvayi ainvayi ainvayi ainvayi ainvayi ainvayi(×3)
Mai to ainvayi ainvayi ainvayi ainvayi lut gaya

As if they wanted to overpower the girls, the boys stepped on to the dance floor and showed off. Especially Abir and Kunal.

Kyu meri gali me aake wait karta
Harqatein down market karda
Dekhu jo hatake khidki ka parda
Seeti veeti maar irritate karda oye

As they enacted the scene, Abir and Kunal became those gully Romeos who waited for their crush to come out of their house, while Mishti and Kuhu acted as if they were irritated and fed up of them, earning fits of laughter and claps from the audience.

Ho chhad attitude abhiman kudiye
Blank check tujhe du, ya ke jaan kudiye
Eente ka yeh dil kar naram zara
Dekhle yeh gabru jawaan kudiye

Abir and Kunal didn't take the ignorance much to their head and now they were successfully trying to woo their ladies. And they almost won.

Che foot se dedh foot ho gaya
Main to ainvayi ainvayi ainvayi ainvayi lut gaya(×2)

Finally they gave up and danced to the main lines.

Tu to ainvayi ainvayi ainvayi ainvayi lut gaya(×2)

The girls yielded as they couldn't see the boys sulking. And finally, the energy was restored.

Main to ainvayi ainvayi ainvayi ainvayi lut gaya(×2)

And they ended the song, the girls and the boys, both turning out to be the winners as the audience couldn't decide who lost.

To be continued

Yes yes a small update😭 but the next chapter's gonna blow your mind out! And it's kinda turn over or twist to the entire plot.

Wait for it🤭