Chapter 14

Kunal Vardhan

"And that's goal!" Kuhu exclaimed as I sunk back on the couch. I looked at her with uttermost anger and she showed her tongue.
"So, Mr.Vardhan, you suck in football. Itna kharab game na maine aaj tak nahi dekha. 4th standard ka baccha bhi na tumse accha khelta hoga." She flipped her hair back.

"To phir chess me kaun 26 times baar haara?" I asked smiling.
"25!" She exclaimed.
"Hello! Cheating ki hai tumne!" I told.
"Everything is fair in chess and war." Kuhu said dramatically.
"Accha? To ye bhi fair haina?" I asked as I started tickling her sides.

She burst out into a loud giggle and tried to run away from me. I followed her and we ran around in the hall. Finally she sat back on the couch tired. I slumped down beside her as we broke down into fits of laughter.

"So now you want to talk about it?" I asked as color drained from her face. Her mother might have done bad things then.
"Baad me? I really don't want to stop feeling happy." She sighed.
"Whenever you want. Par yaad rakho ki jo bhi ho, mai hu tumhare saath." I honestly replied as a huge grin adorned her face.
"Thank you." She said.

My phone ringed loudly to disturb the moment. I groaned and got up to see Abir's caller ID.
"Kya hai?" I asked.
"Woah woah! Itna accha jaa raha tha kya date? Maine disturb to nahi kiya na?" He mocked and I heard laughter.
"Haa tune disturb kiya. Ab batao kya kaam hai?" I asked uninterested.

"The usual sir. London se construction documents aagaye hai at courier office. Jakar check karna. Mai ek meeting me busy hu." He informed and I heard someone's cough this time. Was he with someone?
"Okay. Par tu kiske saath hai?" I asked and he sighed.
"Client ke saath. Aur kaun hoga?" He stammered and I clearly knew he was lying.

"Theek hai. Kuhu ko bhi lekar jau? I mean confidential to nahi haina?" I questioned.
"Nahi yaar. Anyways she's family now. Ain't she?" He laughed and I rolled my eyes.
"Fine, bye. Documents milte hi phone karunga." I informed and we bid bye.
"Change of plans. Tumhe golgappe pasand hai?" I asked her as she stared at me weirdly.
"Haa." She meekly replied.

"Chalo then. Competition shuru." I smirked.

Mishti Bose

"Ek minute chup nahi reh sakti thi?" He scolded as soon as he cut the call.
"Please! Tum bahar jaake baat kar sakte the. Sab mere upar daalne me kitna maza aata haina?" I asked smiling.
"Haa bahut. Now let's go before it's late." He rolled his eyes and we stepped outside the office.

"Yaad rakhna, waha sirf Kunal ka key card lene jaa rahe hai. If you get any extraordinary ideas, keep it inside your head." He said coldly.
"FYI, lene nahi, chori karne jaa rahe hai. And, mere dimaag me sirf extraordinary ideas hi aate hai." I replied and pressed the down button as we entered the lift.

"Kaise phas gaya tumhare saath!" He groaned.
"Hello! Mai koi "pawry" nahi kar rahi hu ki hum saath me kaam kar rahe hai. It's for Kunal and Kuhu." I said huffing.
"Fine. Agar hum unhe is shaadi se bacha nahi paa sake, to atleast shaadi ke baad unka help to kar sakte hai." He answered honestly.

"You know what? Tum utna bhi bura nahi ho." I smiled as he too did.
"Be aware. Shayad tum meri jaal me phasne lagi ho. Pyaar vyaar to nahi hogaya mujhse?" Abir asked smirking.
"Pata tha. You can't stop being so annoying can you?" I asked and we went towards his car.
"Same goes by you." He smiled and we took off.

Here we go for our first thievery.

When we reached the Vardhan mansion it looked different than it was a day ago. Obviously all the lights and extravagant tables were vanished.
"Hum front gate se nahi jaa sakte." He mumbled.
"Security cameras hai. Yaar ye log hume expect kar rahe the kya?" I asked frustrated.