Chapter 22

Mishti Bose

After the song finished playing, I came back in and checked my mobile. A missed call from an unknown number. When I was about to call back, the monster messaged. Strange.

Disturbance: We're leaving tomorrow morning. 5 AM. Pack soon and don't talk to Kuhu.

Who does he think he is to order me! And reminding me like a child that I shouldn't talk to Kuhu. She's my friend and I'll talk to her. But he has a point, doesn't he? If I talk to her and blurt out something then sab barbaad hojayega. So I rolled my eyes and replied.

You: Leaving at 4 AM in the morning. In my car.

I replied and put the phone away wanting some peace. Again the phone started buzzing. Why can't he leave me alone! I took the damn thing again and saw his message.

Disturbance: Fine by me. You're driving. Don't simply keep messaging me. I'm busy unlike you.

What the-

I threw the phone away and rested my head on the pillow. Because of him I'm not even able to dream about my Sebastian. Everytime I close my eyes his demonic face appears. This Abir has totally ruined my sleep, my peace, also not to mention, my freaking life.

I had told my family that I was going to Amritsar to get Kuhu's mangalsutra, other jewellery and the wedding card, the blessings from Gurudwara. It was true actually. I had them safely with me in the bag. Even Abir told the same reason. But we never told we were going together. It would raise unwanted doubts.

My best-friends are his friends, my parents are his official tareef machines and my evil sister is also on his side. What is this? Anti-Mishti squad? I have to teach him a lesson. But how! I try something and I fail everytime. He tries to get close and I shush my mouth and stare at him dumbfounded. I can't even think straight if I'm atleast in a mile radius near him.

Anyways, he has to bear me for 4 another days. Asli game tab shuru hoga.

Abir Bharadwaj

By 4 AM, I was infront of her home like a stupid dog as she took her time getting ready. I waited, waited and waited. Just a minute passed. Why is this time so slow! Fine. I couldn't take it anymore as I decided to open the gates. When I was about to do so, I heard a creak sound from her room.

Then I saw, she was trying to jump. Already her bag and sandals were on the ground. She carefully looked down and jumped easily. I was waiting for her to fall down and break a bone or two but ladki strong hai yaar. And it's a talent only to thieves. Angry, violent chorni. Perfect name.

"Queen Victoria ma'am. Chale ya aapke family ka emotional vidai ke liye wait karna padega?" I questioned as she huffed and released a sigh.
"Its okay. Actually I hoped tumhare family tumhe atleast ek baar gale mil lete. Kya pata tum kab wapas aaoge!" She stated. Umm, that was creepy and scary.

"Don't worry. Mai bata dungi ki tumne unko apne aakhri saans tak yaad kar rahe the." She patted my cheek and smiled.
"Chale?" Mishti asked again as I sat carefully in the passenger seat.
"Let's go." I said.
"Keno na? Chalo." She smiled creepily again.
(Kyu nahi?)

I do hope my family misses me in case something happens. We started the journey peacefully until she saw a roadside dhaba. This girl and her hunger! It was 7 in the morning and she was already crying for breakfast. I eyed the place properly.
"Agar itna hi disgusting lag raha hai to khaana hi mat. Bhooke mar jao." She said and haughtily walked away.

I rolled my eyes and nonetheless walked towards the dhaba. We were still in Hosapete. That's almost 3 hours away from Maharashtra. Checking the route I sat down and saw her side of the table. Oily parathas, masala curries, and what not! Is she really a doctor?