Not A Café Date

Começar do início

"Okay, where are we even eating?" he asks irritated.

"I don't know..."

"What do you mean you don't know?"

"I mean I don't know!" I yell in defense.

"Why would you even go through the trouble of coming out here if you don't even know what you want?!" he yells back with a twitching eye.

"I don't— ugh! I will eat at the first damn place I see!"

"Then why don't we go to that stupid millennial café across the street?!" he hollers while pointing in that direction.

"Fine! That'll be fucking spectacular!" I shout.

A few people passing nearby look at us like we are crazy. When we realize of how much of a scene we are creating we back down timidly and continued walking as if nothing happened. Usually the crowds in New York didn't give a shit about things like this, must've been tourists...

We waited at the crosswalk awkwardly. I tapped my foot impatiently and Donatello just started scrolling through his phone.

When it was finally our turn to cross I nudged Donatello. "It's our turn."

I take a step and I'm immediately pulled back onto the curb by Donatello who is still on his phone.

I open my mouth to complain but a biker zooms past right in front of me.

"You can thank me later." he says with a smug smile while tucking his phone away.

I pull away from his grasp and shoot him an annoyed glance. I would've thanked him if he weren't so cocky about it.

Another bike zooms past us and splashes water onto us. "Outta the way grapes!" they shout.

"Oh you JACKASS!" I call out to them as I brush the water off. I pull out my blaster and aim it at them but Donatello lowers my hand.

"It isn't worth it (y/n), don't even waste your time..." he says calmly.

I exhale in defeat, "Okay fin—"

This bastard then snatches away my blaster and shoots the person himself. They tumble off the bike and yell in distress.

"TASTE THE WRATH OF JUSTICE YOU FOUL WALNUT!" Donatello shouts at them. He snickers evilly to himself.

I look at him disapprovingly and completely shocked— I was not expecting that. I snatch my blaster back and stare daggers at him. I was speechless, I didn't even know where to begin...

He looks at me and reveals a nervous smile, "Sorry, I couldn't help myself..."

I sigh as I put away my blaster. "Whatever..." is all I could manage to choke out. "Let's... let's just go already..."

"Rodger that!" he says.

We cross the street and enter the café. The cute little bell dings as we make our way to the counter. It was surprisingly empty in here.

"Hello, may I take your order?" the barista asks.

"Good morning, I'll take a boba tea—"

"What the fuck is a boba tea?" Donatello whispers.

I turn to him and whisper back, "It's like a really sweet tea and it has chewy tapioca balls at the bottom..."

"Oh you meant bubble tea— because last time I checked, that's what it's called..." he whispers cunningly.

"Are you seriously doing this now?!" I whisper angrily, "It's the exact same thing!"

"Make that two bubble teas!" Donatello tells the barista teasingly. I narrow my eyes at him and he innocently smiles back.