"Hang out?" Paris tightened her fists harder, to the point that her knuckles became white. She seriously wanted to laugh with sarcasm, but she held it back. "I didn't hang out with her."

Taylor was about to open her mouth to complain again, but Kai lifted her hand up in the air as a signal that she was going to talk next. The room fell into dead silence at once. All eyes were on her, waiting for her to speak.

"Lock her up inside the dungeon." Was all that Kai said, with no further explanations. Her eyes were still on Paris, which meant that she was referring to her.

These words were like thorns, pricking through the heart. Paris felt her throat go dry as two male bodyguards walked up to her, holding her tightly so that she couldn't get away. She had no intentions of running away though, because she knew that she wasn't at fault here. She didn't do anything wrong.

But why? Why was Kai doing this to her? Weren't they in good terms not long ago? How did things turned out like this?

"Kai..." Paris said with pure disappointed in her voice. Her eyes were red, as if she was restraining the tears back. She couldn't believe Kai was doing this to her again. She was hurting her feelings again.

Kai didn't want to look at her. She lowered her gaze to the ground, gulping down with difficulty before saying coldly, "I trust in nobody."

The bodyguards began dragging Paris away from the living room. Paris couldn't help but to look back, seeing how Kai was avoiding eye contact with her. She couldn't even give her a last glance.

'Why don't you look at me Kai? Do you suddenly hate me that much?' Paris wanted to cry, but the tears were stuck in her eyelashes. Her eyes were burning, her throat was dry. She felt an agony slowly consuming her.

This had to be some kind of joke. Kai wouldn't do something like this to her. Something inside her mind was telling her that all of this was a lie. That this wasn't happening. This wasn't real. All of this needed to be a plan, right?

Paris was trying to convince herself that this was just another plan from the Major Family, but she didn't know why she still felt a terrible pain stabbing through her chest. Her heart was breaking into small-little pieces.

⊰᯽⊱┈──╌❊╌──┈⊰᯽⊱

That evening, Kai, Pearl, and the leader of the major family had an important meeting together. They were inside the same office where all their meetings took place. It was only them inside the room, nobody else. They all sat down at the table, discussing about the current incident.

"I'm certain that Paris didn't betray us. This has to be some kind of misunderstanding." Pearl spoke, defending her best friend. "I think Taylor is the one who framed her. For what other reason would she want to stay here? She is definitely up to something. She is not the victim here."

The leader shifted his gaze from Pearl to Kai, analyzing the situation. What Pearl mentioned made sense, but he wanted to know what was in his daughter's mind. "What do you think of this, Kai?" He asked her while perking a brow.

Kai shook her head, closing her eyes, and letting out a deep sigh. She really didn't want to talk about this right now. She just wanted to be alone at the moment.

Seeing that her daughter had no intentions of replying back, the leader decided to continue, "Locking her up was a good idea though. You say that you suspect Venus. And you saw her conversing with Paris outside last night. What if Paris really is another traitor? If we don't lock her up, then more of our people will rise up against us later. You did the right thing, Kai."

Hearing this, Kai turned her head to stare at her father with a serious expression. It was difficult to tell what she was thinking. However, she didn't seem to be happy with the words that her father just told her. She pressed her palm on her face before responding, "I'm going to clear things up with her sooner or later. All I ask from both of you is to trust me with this."