Chapter Five - Stand Up And Shout

Becoming friends with Hunter, Kevin, and Emily has been great so far, spending every lunch with the trio. We also had a night of the group playing their music for me, it was awesome to say the least. It has been a few weeks and Halloween is approaching fast. Today is a Friday and I was about to pitch an idea to Hunter that I knew he would love, just wasn't sure when to tell him. So I waited until lunch, and since I packed my food and some for him once more, I rushed to our table quickly.

When Hunter arrived he had nothing like normal, and he sat next to me resting his arm on my shoulder.

"What's for lunch," he chuckled.

"Brought you a whole sandwich and an orange," I told him truthfully as I opened my lunch box and took out two sandwiches. I took out the fruit, and a cupcake for myself.

"Wow! Thanks," he said while taking the food. I had mostly brought him many fruits and crackers, but I wanted to give him something better.

"I also come with a gift," I told him as he took a bite of his food.

"More than food?" he asked.

"Yup!" I smiled. "I found a show this Saturday, only two hours away"

"A show?? What kind?" he asked as his eyes lit up.

"A Dio cover band called The Bats and an upbeat punk group local to that area called Smudged Lipstick. Apparently the place was once a warehouse and the punk community in the town has taken it over for a few years. They have shows often, along with parties."

"Two hours is kind of far isn't it?" he asked.

"Eh, to some. Farthest Izzy and I went for a show was eight hours each way," I chuckled. "I can drive the two hours easily," I finally told him.

"Well then sign me up!" he exclaimed.

"Sign up for what?" Emily asked as she and Kevin arrived at the table holding trays of food.

"A punk and metal show at an old warehouse two hours away from here," Hunter said with a grin.

"Two hours away?" Kevin asked.

"Child's play for me," I chimed in. "And I will be driving," I added.

"When?" Emily asked.

"Saturday, leave at like three in the afternoon," I pitched.

Kevin looked to Emily and she nodded.

"We're in," Kevin told us and Hunter pumped his fist slightly.

"Fuck yeah!" he exclaimed before running his hands through his long hair.

When Saturday rolled around Hunter was more excited each hour. I worried he would burst if we didn't get there soon, but he was honestly so adorable when he got excited.

Currently we were at a gas station, I was pumping gas and the other three were inside buying snacks. I had written a list for Hunter and gave him a twenty to buy my road trip snacks and whatever was left over he could use. As the van filled up with gas I leaned against it and watched the price go up. My black cargo shorts brushed at my knees as I pushed myself away from the car. We all wore Dio t shirts, mine being my dads from when he was actually cool, and my mom's matching shirt was given to Izzy by me. I also wore my jean jacket with many band patches, especially local ones from the punk shows I use to go to. I have been collecting patches for awhile now.

Almost at the same time as the pump stopped, the three exited the store and were headed back to me.

"Got it all," Hunter said holding up the bag that was mine. I climbed into the driver's seat, Hunter the passenger, and Kevin and Emily got in the back.

"Perfect," I said, taking the monster from the bag and opening it to drink some now. The rustling of many snacks and bags being opened filled the car as I turned it on. Soon we were on our way to the show, at this rate we would arrive at five, the time the first band should start to play.

"Here I made a mixtape," Kevin said pulling a cd out and handing it up to Hunter.

"Go ahead," I said and Hunter popped it into the slot. I turned on the stereo and the song For Whom The Bell tolls began to play.