Chapter Six - My Best Friend's Hot

The two hour drive wasn't bad at all, and having music and friends to pass the time made it even better. I kind of enjoy driving, and I know my van really well so it is easier to feel comfortable behind the wheel. We were on time as well. There were a few other vehicles scattered about with some groups around each chatting. Probably people like us, groups of friends. I decided to park a bit away from the other cars, more to the back of the building.

"We're here?" Hunter looked at me to confirm and I smiled.

"We're here," I copied and he unbuckled with a grin. I never thought I could see him so excited. We all climbed out of the car and I locked the doors behind us. As we approached there was a large bonfire near a side wall of the old solid concrete building. Two pickup trucks were backed up to it with people sitting on the back. Passing them we neared the entrance door that had motorcycles parked in a line. I had read that Smudged Lipstick was a three person band that also rode bikes, so I assume three of the eight bikes were theirs.

"Lot of people," Kevin commented and I nodded.

"From what I read Smudged Lipstick started out here and is getting kind of big in their town. So they are continuing playing here and more people are showing up," I told them.

"I'm excited for the Dio songs," Hunter told us.

"Me too," Kevin commented.

"I love any local band, but I have to favor the one writing their own songs," I told them with a shrug.

"I'm excited for both," Emily added. We entered the large warehouse that had a bar set up in the corner and a lounge area on the other side. There was an entrance way to another part of the building that had a makeshift stage and large music set up. Currently the stereos on stage played music from a dj booth with no band on stage.

"When do you think they'll start?" Kevin asked.

"Any time now really, why don't we go get drinks?" I suggested.

"I could drink," Emily smiled and the others nodded. We all made our way to the bar, the person behind the counter had a bright green mohawk and many face piercings.

"What can I get you?" they asked.

"Beer," Kevin said.

"Beer," Hunter agreed.

"Vodka and soda," Emily ordered.

"Johnny Vegas if you got it. Not a shot, full cup" I ordered.

"Got it," the bartender said before turning and gathering the drinks. They sat two beer bottles down, then two plastic red cups. They filled one with vodka and sprite, then another with tequila, watermelon liquor, and red bull.

"What is that?" Kevin asked as he took a sip of his beer.

"A drink my mom used to make for herself at home, said it reminded her of her partying days. So I started ordering it and I like it," I told them before sipping it.

"Does it taste good?" Hunter asked.

"Yeah, want some?" I asked pushing the cup out to him. He took it from me and took a sip before handing it back.

"Wow, sweeter than beer."

"And more alcoholic," I chuckled before drinking more of the cup.

"I see someone getting on the stage," Emily exclaimed tapping Kevins arm before pointing.

"Let's go," I said and led the way for our group to get into the other room and a decent distance from the stage. Soon the guitarist that was on stage played a chord to kick off a song.