"You don't. And nothing too serious so far. She is new in the company, and I've been helping her get used to how things are done here. She's quite something, I must say. I think you'd like her." he adds, rubbing his hands together.

"I'd love to meet her too. If she'd be the one bringing you the utmost happiness I took away from you, then I'll give my life for this girl."

"Please don't say that." he lets out a deep sigh, "We talked about this several times. I have no hard feelings for what happened. On the contrary, I am angry with myself for putting you through that. I've been selfish and did not think about your trauma. Asking you to marry me was a mistake I'm trying to forgive myself for."

"Now, don't start with this. The skeletons in my closet should not dictate how I live my life, and I am sorry I could not give you what you needed. I was and still am not on the same page with you when it comes to family and children." I look down, feeling a bit uneasy about this topic.

"Hey, in the end, that's how we learn. I would never blame you for that, and you know I'll always be there for you no matter what." he smiles compassionately. "So, tell me. How is your job? Have you met someone already?"

"Job is good. We are working on this new project that takes all my energy. People are nice to me, and there's nothing I can complain about." Except for one thing. "And there might be someone worth mentioning, but not until I fully understand where we stand. I will update you more when I can decode his persona."

"I am confident you'll do it soon enough. If there's something you ace in, it's definitely getting a real sense of someone's personality in a matter of seconds."

"Maybe... but my compass seems to be broken around him. It's like going in the desert, showing North everywhere I go. So I have no idea what I should do."

"Then change the location. Don't say desert. Call it the North Pole. If it shows North anywhere you go, it may be because you're exactly where you should be." I take a sharp breath hearing his words, "Faye, trust yourself and your compass a bit. It's rarely wrong."

And that's precisely the reason why I feel so dependent on his words. Most of the time, I fail to see the forest for the trees, and I need guidance. In other words, I will not win anything if I don't shake the trees and see what falls.

Unfortunately, I can't count on him for the rest of my life, so I better embrace myself, take a step back and see the bigger picture.

After some more mushy talk, I decide to let this bookworm sleep and go shower. In my process of adopting a healthier lifestyle, I have changed the routine of my showers as well. Or better said, I've been taking cold showers because of those countless benefits for my body.

And I truly hope my health will be thanking me later because I get all cranky and moody when I can't feel the lava-like water on my skin. With my hair wet and water dripping on my back - something I genuinely hate - I go to the kitchen to cook some greasy beef with French fries.

I meant salad.

Cutting all these delicious vegetables which make my mouth water, I hear someone knocking at the door. I check the time, and it's only 1 PM. It can't be Jungkook, can it?