Chapter 8

Marcello was still lying on the bed staring at the ceiling after Bella left an hour ago. His mind went back to the events of the night.

"Lock the doors from inside." He told Bella and left the room. He took his gun out and hid behind the wall. There were three of them wearing masks, with guns in their hands. There were bodies on the floor. The same people who were drinking and dancing five minutes ago, without a care in the world, were now dead. Suddenly a bullet came out of nowhere and shot one of the attackers who was holding a girl by her hair. Suddenly everything went quiet. An attacker had been shot. The man fell on the floor with a thud. The other men looked at the dead man and turned towards the direction from which the bullet had been fired. Marcello had shot him in the head.

Marco wasted no time and kicked another attacker. The gun fell from his hand and Marco shot him. There was only one of them left now but they knew there were more coming. Marcello shot the last guy dead.

And then, a expected, more of them barged in with weapons. But this time Marcello's men were prepared. Suddenly, there were bullets flying everywhere. And then, Marcello felt something press at the back of his head.

A gun.

He raised both his hands in surrender and turned around slowly. The masked man signalled him to put his gun down. Marcello nodded silently and bent slightly to put his gun down while keeping his eyes trained on the attacker.

And then in a flash, Marcello grabbed the man's arm and twisted it, ripping the gun out of his hand. He smashed his head repeatedly against the wall till blood started dripping from his head and then shot him with his own gun.

He looked around to see more dead bodies on the floor. But this time, most of them were dressed in black with masks on their faces. There was a sudden stillness everywhere. The attackers were dead. Each one of them. Marcello's men were dragging the dead bodies into a room. The whole place had been destroyed. Marcello just stood still and looked around the place. His place. His club had just been attacked, people had been killed and the place had been destroyed. But he felt calm. He was calm. And he knew that he would be calm when he came face-to-face with the man who did this.

Marcello was a still lying on the bed, staring at the ceiling when his phone started ringing.

"Marco."

"The bodies have been disposed, Boss."

"Good."

"And those girls...I offered to give them a ride but they refused and took a cab."

His mind went to the girl who had left a while ago. He sighed.

"It's alright. For now, just take care of the club. The place should look exactly like how it did. It's your responsibility."

"Yes, boss. "

He hung up and called a number he never thought he would.

"Marcello. I knew you would call me. It's been so long. " He said as if they were long lost friends.

"I called to warn you. 'Coz when I come for you, you will have nowhere to run. You better sleep with one eye open." Marcello said and hung up. He finally felt the calmness fade and the anger rushing to him. He picked up the lamp on the bedside and threw it across the wall, shattering it to pieces. He toop a few deep breaths to calm himself down and took a few sips of his drink.

"This cannot happen again. I won't let it happen again. I will kill him." Marcello said to himself.