Prologue

She was standing by the road holding an umbrella over her head. It was raining heavily. She had her bag in one hand and was looking around waiting for her cab to arrive. She was standing infront of the building that she had just come out of. She just wanted to get home as soon as possible.

As she was looking around for the white car, her eyes connected with his. He was standing on his window with eyes that reflected the same amount of anger as hers. They had a staring contest for about ten seconds before he shut the window with so much force, it was a miracle the glass pane didn't break.

She sighed and forced herself to not think about it.She saw the bright headlights of a car approaching which she recognised as the cab. She got into the cab quickly,kept the wet umbrella below the seat and told the driver her address.

As the car started moving,she opened Google maps on her phone and then pretended to speak to someone on the phone throughout the car ride. She looked into the front mirror discreetly but the driver seemed focused on the road. Nevertheless,she kept looking into the mirror occasionally. One could never be too careful while travelling alone at night , especially if you're a woman.

As they reached her house,she paid the driver opened the door and rushed into her apartment before anyone from the building could notice the tears that were slowly leaving her eyes.