Chapter 4

The first thing Marcello realised when he woke up was that he wasn't alone. He turned his head to the left to see the blonde waitress from last night still asleep in his bed. His mind went to the events of last night, meeting Steve Benson and his secretary, Bella, her name was. She was attractive. Probably the most attractive woman he had seen in a while. He had left the meeting, drunk and turned on, picked up the girl working at the bar,the same one who had served them drinks and was eyeing him seductively and brought her home.

He tried to get up and realised he had a pounding headache. He looked at the time. It was eight AM. He found his boxers lying on the floor and put them on. He sat on his chair,propped his legs on the table and opened the drawers to get a cigarette and lighter. He brought it to his lips, took a swig and exhaled.

He heard rustling noises from behind and then a pair of arms snaked around him and started massaging his shoulders. He didn't turn around. The girl, Nelly, came around him, took the cigarette from his mouth and brought it to her lips. He eyed her as she exhaled the smoke. He noticed that she was still naked and looking at him suggestively. He knew the look. It meant another round. He would have gone for it but he knew he had to get back to work. He had a business to run and people to kill.

He got up and went to the bathroom. He came out fifteen minutes later and saw an empty room. Nelly was a smart woman and knew how to take a hint.

His phone started ringing. He picked it up to see Marco calling him.

" Marco."

"Boss, there is news. It's about Nikolai Ricci."

Marcello tensed. He hadn't heard his father's name in a while. Five years at least.

"What is it?"

"He's alive."

That was the last thing he expected to hear. Alive?

"How do you know?"

"One of our men saw him with Giovanni at one of his warehouses."

How was that possible? He had killed him with his bare hands, sent a knife piercing through his chest and saw him die a painful death. He had felt satisfied.

How could he be alive?

"Is it confirmed? That it was him?"
He tried to keep his voice steady.

"Yes, Boss. It's confirmed. Someone had saved him that day. He has been in hiding ever since. Not anymore though. Seems like he's working with Giovanni now."

Not for too long. Even if he was alive, Marcello would find and kill him and slice his body into pieces. No one would save him this time. Now, Marcello was even more powerful than he was five years ago.

"I want you to keep an eye on both Nikolai and Giovanni. We'll kill them both together this time." Marcello ordered .

"Yes, Boss. There's one more thing." Marco said.

"What?"

"Steve Benson was shot last night."

"What?" His mind went to last night. The man and his secretary.

"In the leg. He is okay but pretty shaken up right now. Says he won't continue working if his safety is not guaranteed. Fucker has crossed fifty but wants to make more money before dying ."

Marcello tensed. His mind went to a certain dark eyed brunette that was eyeing him throughout the meeting but wasn't as discreet as she thought herself to be.

"And that girl with him? What was her name? Bella or something. Is she okay?" Marcello tried to seem unaffected. And he did a pretty good job with that. Except his finger was twitching with irritation. But, of course, Marco couldn't see that over the phone.

"Yes, she is. The attack was more of a warning for Benson to stop working with us. "

Marcello relaxed. Good, she is okay. We don't want innocent people getting hurt. Marcello knew he was bullshitting. He never cared who lived or died. But thirty seconds ago, when Marco had told him about the attack, he had tensed. He had felt a bit uncomfortable and irritated and slightly angry. Not too angry. Just slightly. Why, he didn't know and he didn't want to know. Marcello had never been a man who focused too much on feelings and emotions. To him, emotions were too complicated, and he would rather focus his time and energy on something more fruitful. So like always, he shut those feelings in a box, and pushed the box at the back of his mind.

"Okay, set up another meeting with him in a few days. In his office, this time." Marcello said. He'd have to meet him and make sure he continued to work with them. His hotels had been a spot for them to store weapons and drugs temporarily, before they were shipped off . If he refused to work with them, they 'd have to either threaten him or find another spot.

"Yes,Boss."

Marcello hung up the phone. He got ready and left his house to meet his men and discuss Giovanni and his new tactics. But as he got into his car, he realised something.

She works there. At Benson's office.

Seems like Miss Grace and him were going to be meeting again.