40.

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟎- 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐖𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐚

Father was gathering up everyone to the mess hall because tonight we're going to have the final feast before all of us possibly going to die. Tomorrow we will depart the plan of retaking wall Maria.

"Tonight is a special night , but make sure the civilians won't know about it. Show me me that a soldier can pump himself up without making too much noise! Tonight is the pre-celebration before taking Wall Maria!" After he had finished his motivational speech, the dinner hall was in a chaotic state.Sasha quickly bite the meat without wondering if she should share it with the others while Connie puts her in the headlock and Jean were struggling to take it out of her mouth.

"Damn it! Stop fooling around , you damn potato girl! Do you know what the heck that you do right now!" Jean yelled as he trying to pull away the meat from Sasha's mouth.

"Stop it Sasha! I don't want to kill you!" Connie yells, who manages to keep her still.

Jean sucessfully remove the meat from Sasha's mouth but instead, she bites Jean's hand. "Aaaaahh!!! She's eating me! She's eating me! She's eating me!"

"Sasha? That meat is Jean! You can't differenitiate it anymore?!"

I can't help but burst into a laugh, my father is stifling a grin himself, while Levi looks unamused. He probably would say, 'Tch, so noisy!'. Our table is silent from eating. Unlike the other cadets, we didn't have to fight over a food.

The red-head from earlier loudly chewing meat and said,"Sorry, seems like being excited and stuck with the food budget worth two months was a mistake." Levi looks the action with disgust. Typical Levi.

I continue eating my meat, I look at the adults drinking beer. The drink makes me drooling its been a long time that I haven't drink beer since I was reincarnated as a kid but in present, I'm still 17 so, I still can't drink.In past life, I used to drink along with fried chicken with my friends and I really missed that moment-

"That's good for you eh, you freaking wild boar!" I hear Jean yell, standing up with Eren getting ready to fight.

"You too, why the hell did you grow your hair, you freaking horse!"

I sigh as I facepalm my face. "Here we go again..." Punches are being thrown at each other, and a truce has been reached so that no faces are injured.

"They've started someting."

"Even though I told them to keep quiet." Harold mutters, shaking his head in disappointment. Levi stands up suddenly and walks over to the fighting duo with purpose. "Oi." He knocks Eren with a swfit kick before punching Jean in the ribs as both the boys fall on the ground, groaning in pain. "All of you, you're making too much noise. Go to sleep already." Jean who grab his stomach, throws up on the floor. He looks at the spectors. "And don't forget to clean up." "Roger!" They return his affirmation, wide-eyed from his display of force.

Levi leaves the room and I noticed that he barely touch his food. I grab his plate and went looking for him since he'll needs a lot of protein for tomorrow. I finally found him in a nearby alley, his head hanging low in what looks like sadness. In the background, I can hear Eren, Mikasa and Armin were talking and I realised that he was eavesdropping them. The trio brings to remind him with Farlan and Isabel-

-"That's cruel. " Eren sighed. "I'm glad that we met Commander Erwin." He continued as I sat down to hear what the three was talking about although I knew but I'll just listen it. "Whether I spunky or not, I'll do what I have to do. But yeah...it's easier now. I used kept thinking about things that I couldn't change. And I was wondering why I can't be strong like Mikasa or Stella or Captain Levi... I was jealous." I smile a bit to myself. "But even you three alone, can't do much. Which is why we've all gotta find the things we can do and by joining together, that's what's makes us powerful. Every person is different. And it's all for time like this." I look at Levi now, whi was just looking at his feet.

"Hey. Here, you need to finish this." I told him, placing the plate onto his lap. "You know, I'm still nervous for tomorrow and it's gonna be a hard day for us." He silently eats the leftovers,his gaze landing on me a few minutes.

"Are you okay, babe?" I ask him in concern.

"It's just... I'm afraid what will happen to us tommorow and I don't want to lose you, like my friends." He said with his sad tone.

I pushed his legs apart and climbing between them, resting my head on his chest, I respond, "Don't worry Levi, I promise that I do anything to survive and that's not going to happen." I took his hand and squeeze it in comfort.

I grab his hand and it took a second as he looked at me. I moved in and pressed my lips against his.

"Let's go back." I said