it looked like they were the type of children who roamed the streets to bully the weaker kids into submission. "how dare you come and try to steal our jobs, huh?" luo binghe's body tensed as the bullies circled the shaggy little boy. they threw him to the ground, laughing maniacally before they began punching and kicking the poor boy. they didn't look like they were pulling their punches, no. there was a hundred percent malicious intent behind each hit.

"this is..." luo binghe muttered, gritting his teeth at the sight. the little boy curled helplessly into a ball as he could do nothing against the continuous strikes of the other boys. one of them grabbed him by his hair, lifting his head up for everyone to see.

the little boy's face was revealed and luo binghe's face turned as white as a ghost. y/n's heart was immediately riddled with guilt and sadness.

the little boy was luo binghe. y/n immediately grabbed luo binghe by the arm, trying to pull him away so he wouldn't have to watch such a heart-wrenching sight. "binghe." he muttered, moving to stand in front of him. "shixiong, we should stop them." luo binghe told him.

"binghe, we can't touch them." y/n responded quietly. "these are all just illusions conjured by meng mo, from your memories." he finishes, giving luo binghe a sympathetic look. he places his hand on luo binghe's cheek, making sure to keep his eyes on him.

"look at me, just look at me."

but luo binghe's eyes keep wandering over to the scene of the three boys brutally beating up the younger version of himself. it was a cruel thing to watch, and it squeezed y/n's heart with an uncomfortable feeling, practically choking him with it. but they weren't allowed to touch anything.

"if you touch them, we'll only go deeper into the dream." y/n continued. "if we go any deeper than this, then you'll only hurt yourself even more." luo binghe bit his lip as he tried his hardest to stop himself. he tightened his hand into a fist. "i-i..." his eyes went from y/n's sympathetic e/c eyes, to the sight of the brutality.

"do you really want to kill yourself that bad?!"

"kill him!"

"he had nothing to eat, right?"

"hah! he won't starve if he'd just die!!"

the little boy glanced up at the boys, giving them a hard stare as if he was telling them he wasn't going to give in to their bullying. this seemed to piss off the little boys even more as they began to beat him up even harder than before. they beat him up so bad, that luo binghe thought he saw a tooth fly out.

"what was that look for, huh?!"

"you wanna go blind?!"

one of the boys grabbed the child luo binghe by the back of his tattered clothes, ripping them off even more. "you bastard!!" the little boy screamed, lifting his fist as he prepared to bring it down on luo binghe's bruised face.

the current luo binghe shook his head before he raised his fist, condensed qi gathering onto his hands. "stop that!!" he roared, dashing towards the bullies in the scene before them, pushing y/n away from him.

"binghe!" y/n called before he released a choked gasp as his back slammed against the wall of a nearby house. what- i'm inside a dream, aren't i? how am i feeling pain? y/n grunted as he slid down, his back aching terribly.

luo binghe raised his fist before bringing it down on the kid who seemed to be the leader of the little posse of bullies. the hit never landed though, instead, it seemed to fire back on him. luo binghe was thrown away from the impact, landing on the ground a few feet away.