nine.

𝐒𝐓𝐔𝐃𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 !!

𝐒𝐓𝐔𝐃𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 !!

❤︎

THE TOWN WAS BUSTLING WITH PEOPLE AS MERCHANTS STANDING BEHIND THEIR STALLS LINED UP THE TOWN STREETS, CALLING OUT TO THE LOCAL PASSERBY'S TO BUY THE ITEMS THEY HAD ON SALE.

l/n y/n was walking in the middle of the street, his nose practically glued to the scroll in his hands as he made deduction after deduction, coming up with on-the-spot theories about the demon. it took them a full day to get to the town. although it was probably because they kept stopping along the way for some wild animal binghe found interesting.

its whereabouts, its plan, its current strength. stuff like that was on y/n's mind. meanwhile, binghe busied himself with something else, something of... equal importance. "how much for three apples, mister?" luo binghe politely asks as he points to the apples displayed on the stall.

they looked fresh and delicious, and his shixiong, who only ate a bowl of congee for breakfast after running on inedia for a week, could certainly use a couple of healthy snacks during their time there. who knows how long it'll take for them to hunt down the demon?

"three gold coins." the merchant says. "i'll take them!" binghe says with a smile.

here you go, lad." the man behind the stall smiles as he hands the apples over to binghe, all of them placed inside a small sack. "that your girl over there?" the merchant asks while binghe searches his bag for his wallet.

though he quickly abandons that action to look at the man. he gave him a strange look as he was a little confused as to who the man was referring to. he looked back, looking in the direction where the man gestured to with his lips.

to his surprise, the man was pointing to l/n y/n! his senior martial brother!

"w-what? no! that person is my da-shixiong! we descended qing jing peak together to hunt down a demon!" binghe wasn't embarrassed at all when the man referred to his shixiong as "his girl." he was more upset than anything. upset that the man was rude and assumed that his shixiong was a woman.