Chapter 51: Tell me a lie

Start from the beginning

"Who else?" I scoffed. "Since no one really gave me clear answers, I had to go to him for them."

"He just told you?" she asked.

"That's not even the point right now!" I sobbed. "How could you not tell me? How can you and Bomi keep this from me?"

"I was going to," she said. "At the right time."

"And when is that? Ten years from now? Twenty years from now?" I cried, sitting down on the floor as my knees weakened.

"I-I don't know," she sighed, kneeling in front of me, the tears brimming her eyes. "But I'm so sorry, Eunmi-ah. I really am. I hope you can forgive me for this."

I could only snicker at what she said. Once I found the strength, I stood up and headed for the front door.

"Where are you going?"

I didn't answer and instead I just shut the door behind me, her sobs fading in the background.

After taking the bus, I walked for five minutes to EXO's dorm. I knew we all haven't seen each other in a week, but I didn't care right now. I wanted to confront D.O and that was exactly why I was here.

As soon as I rang their bell, I tried to wipe the tears that were still streaming down my cheeks. When the door opened, I was met with a happy-faced Lay, but his expression soon turned into a confused frown the moment he saw me crying.

"Eunmi, why--"

"Excuse me," I interrupted him as I went inside their dorm, searching for D.O.

The members who saw me looked utterly confused, little did they know I was more confused than they were. I finally found him talking to Luhan and when he saw me approaching, his eyes grew wide in surprise.

"Eunmi," he murmured.

I slapped him right across the cheek.

"How dare you!" I yelled, gaining the attention of all members.

"What are you talking about?" he asked, brows knitted together on his forehead.

"You thought you could keep it a secret from me, hm?" I accused. "You thought I wouldn't find out about it. Well, news flash, I just did."

By the look on his face, he knew already what it was that I was talking about. However, what surprised me even more was Baekhyun stepping up to protect him about it.

"He did it to protect you, Eunmi," Baek said.

"So you knew about it, too," I scoffed.

"I... I did," he sighed, looking shamelessly at the ground.

"Great! So apparently it's just me," I laughed pathetically at myself.

"Guys, what's going on?" Sehun asked innocently.

"Why don't you ask Tom and Jerry here," I replied coldly, before heading towards the exit. "I'm getting some air."

When I exited their dorm, I felt the light breeze brush against my skin as it dried my tears. I began to walk away from the place when I suddenly felt a hand grip my wrist to prevent me from going. I peered over my shoulder and saw that it was D.O.

"D.O, let go or I swear--"

"You'll what? Slap me again? Because trust me, Eunmi, seeing you like this hurts me more," he said.

"How ironic since you're part of the reason why I'm like this," I snickered.

"I know," he sighed, pulling me towards him and then holding my other wrist before placing them in between us, on his chest.

"I'm really sorry. I'm really really sorry, Eunmi," D.O began. "I don't even know how much I've said it already, but I really am sorry for everything. For breaking your heart, for keeping this from you. Everything. I'm very sorry for it."

"Too bad saying sorry can't undo things," I told him, releasing my wrists from his hold.

I gulped down the lump in my throat as my jaw shook, attempting not to let the tears fall again. But alas, to no avail. They fell from my eyes like waterfalls and once again, I could feel my cheeks get wet.

-

D.O's Point of View

The moment she started crying again, I had the urge to hug her, but I was well aware she did not want me to.

Why did everything have to turn out the way they did? And here I was thinking that we were actually going to work things out.

"I know you're sorry," she began. "But I can't accept it right now."

"Why can't you just believe me?!" I yelled, causing her to jump in shock.

I realised what I just did and I tried to hold her hand to show I didn't mean it, but she just stepped back from me. Oh, no. Please don't.

"I-I thought you've changed... but you're just the same guy I met months ago."

Before I could even say something in return, Eunmi was already running to the bus stop near our dorm. I watched as she grew further and further away from me.

I could literally feel my chest tighten and my breath started to get heavy. Once she was completely out of my sight, the tears I've been holding back released themselves as they streamed down my cheeks.

The words she spoke to me hurt, but watching her go away from me hurt even more.

What if this time, I lost her for good?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been waiting for the day Eunmi finds out, haha. It's so dramatic yet exciting at the same time! :P

Anyway, Comment what you think and Vote if you were entertained~ thanks for reading! x