𝘽𝙤𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙣

Y/n had ignored Eddie's message, she didn't know how to respond to him. The girl shut off her phone and stood up heading for the door to her room but stopped when she heard an all to familiar voice

Bobby opened the front door at the sound of the door bell going off "Eddie."

"Hey, Bobby." Eddue sighed "Sorry for showing up out of the blue. I wanted to talk to you before you started your shift."

Bobby looked around to see any sight of y/n before nodding at him when he saw none

"Always happy to see you. Come on in." Eddie walked in and Bobby shut the door as they went down to the living room "All right. What did you want to talk about?"

"My request to transfer back to the 118." Eddie handed it over

"Okay, what's going on?" Bobby eyed him as y/n poked her head out of her room, the door was attached to the living room so she had to bequiet so they wouldn't see her

"Nothing." Eddie shook his head "I realized I made a mistake, and I want to fix that. I'm ready to come home."

"We talked about this before you left." Bobby stated as Eddie chuckled

"I know, I know. You tried to talk me out of it. Uh, you were right."

"It isn't about being right, Eddie." Bobby shook his head "I just want to understand what's changed. It wasn't three months ago you asked to transfer out, now you want back in."

"Christopher was struggling." Eddie told him confused

"He wasn't the only one." Bobby continued "You said that. I agreed to a transfer, we found you a spot at dispatch, but you don't seem better. Are you sleeping at all?"

"It's been a rough few months. I don't think I... gelled there, yeah." Eddie nodded "plus its been hard without y/n, we both miss her "

Y/n's heart dropped as he spoke

"I remember when I first went on medical leave."  Bobby nodded "It was like all the noise outside stopped, but the noise inside my head got louder. I think, sometimes, the life we lead, the hours we keep, our focus on other's well-being... We wind up ignoring our own."

"That's not what's happening here. I... I'll be fine. Once I'm back on the job-" Eddie smiled but it dropped

"I think that might need to wait a little while." Bobby stopped him as he handed him the papers back

"You're saying no?" Eddie questioned taking them back "Is this punishment for leaving? Or what happened with y/n?"

"No. This is concern." Bobby told him calmly "I'm not saying never. But for your sake and the sake of the team, I can't have you back the way you are right now. You need to go talk to someone, work out whatever's going on."

"I don't need a mental health check." Eddie shook his head looking around "Just need my job back."

"You've known me long enough to know those things go hand in hand."

"I can go to another house." Eddie shook his head and headed for the stairs, he looked over spotting y/n with her head out of her bedroom door and his heart skipped a beat

She noticed him looking and liked her head back I'm bett she shut the door, she leaned her ear against the door so she could hear

"Well, you better hope they don't call me for a recommendation." Bobby called after him making him then and face him

"You know, when the brass was coming for you, when they were trying to fire you, I had your back." Eddie raised his voice as he went up the steps again "I supported you, and now you're trying to turn on me?"

"Eddie, that's not what's going on here." Bonny continued to argue his side "I'm looking out for you."

"You're gonna stand there with a hundred-something bodies on you and tell me I'm not fit for duty?" Eddie yelled making bobby's face fall "Go to hell, Bobby."

Y/n's mouth fell wide open, she knew he didn't mean it but still that was harsh. She waited until she heard the front door shut before she exited

"Bobby..." Y/n tried but Bobby just gave her a look before going to his room

~

"You did what?!" Y/n asked buck as she shut her locker door, buck had just informed her about his he was going to tell Taylor about him kissing Lucy but instead he invited her to live with him "I know, okay?"

"I-I... I panicked." Buck shook his head "was gonna tell her, but she looked so... pre-hurt. I had to say something else."

"And what did she say?" Hen asked

"Well, she was surprised, and, uh... and then, she-she said yes." Buck sighed

"And now the two of you are living together?" Y/n furrowed her brows

"Well, not for a few weeks." Buck stood up "Uh, she-she's got to pack and get out of her lease."

"Are you familiar with the term 'out of the frying pan and into the fire? ' " hen questioned as they all left the locker room

"Come on. It's-it's gonna be fine, all right?" Buck shrugged "Taylor and I already spend all our time together. What's the difference?"

"Buck, a relationship changes when suddenly neither of you has your own place to run to" y/n sighed "especially when there's something you're running from."

"I'm not running from anything, okay? I... I love Taylor."

"And Lucy?" Hen questioned

"I don't ever have to see her again." Buck shook his head before looking at y/n "like you do Bobby"

"Hey, he's upset with Eddie not me" y/n put her hands up in defence

"Everybody upstairs. Rundown in five. I've got some announcements to make."

"Hey, what was the deal with Eddie at the bar the other night?" Ravi asked walking to the three

"He was there?" Hen asked "I didn't see him."

"I texted him. I just..." Buck sighed "I thought he was a no-show."

"Well, I saw him in the parking lot, and he just kind of blew me off." Ravi faced y/n

"Weird." She furrowed her brows as they went up the steps

"Yeah. Wonder what's going on." Buck agreed

"Why do I get the feeling that man is one of the announcements?" Hen asked as she eyed Jonah

"Morning, everyone" Bobby said once the four we're in the kitchen "As you all know, we've been two people light these last few months. We've had some great people fill in, but I think it's time to stop the revolving door. You all know Jonah. He's been with us for a few shifts. He's done an excellent job. And he'll be our new paramedic."

"Damn it." Hen said under her breath

"Thanks, Captain." Jonah smiled "I'm really happy to be here and be a part of the team."

"Doesn't seem so bad." Buck shrugged "He'll probably be a good partner."

"What are you doing right now?" Y/n asked looking at buck

"I-I'm looking on the bright side, trying to be a better Buck."

"Well, stop it." Hen told him Sternly

"Who's gonna be the other one?* Ravi questioned

"Someone you also know, just not as well" Bobby said as footsteps came up the steps "Lucy Donato."  They turned to face her "Welcome to the 118."

"Oh, no." Buck sighed

"Oh, yes." Hen smiled

Y/n frowned, Eddie's spot was filled. And so was chimneys.

~

1300 words

I know this is short but there was zero content I could take from Boston so I took some content from the episode before!