𝙏𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙨𝙪𝙧𝙚 𝙝𝙪𝙣𝙩

"8,000 acres to search." Chim looked out at the land "We could be waiting awhile."

"Are they sure someone's up there?" Buck asked "That bottle could have been floating around for months"

"Which would mean our search and rescue might become a search and recovery" hen told him squinting through her sunglasses

"Note was written on a receipt." Bobby explained "Rangers checked the date. It was five days ago."

"Sure hope it wasn't their last meal." Eddie spoke his hands on his hips, he was wearing those sunglasses again and damn was it distracting

"We see you, Captain Nash. We're coming in now."

"Copy that." Bobby nodded as they landed and he yelled "Okay, Chimney, Eddie, gear up. You're going with them."

"Copy that." Chim nodded facing Eddie "You'll harness up, we'll lower you down so you can grab him." He looked at y/n who looked scared "Cheer up. You can go next time"

~

"Okay, first quadrant is right over that ridge." Bobby spoke to chim and Eddie who were up in the helicopter

"Head up to Devil's Point. A lot of hikers get stuck up there"

"Copy that, Cap" Eddie spoke

Minutes later chim spoke again "Okay, we got him. Let's get in a hover position right here"

Looks like severe dehydration. He's gonna need this. Ready? Piece of cake. Pilot:

"Be advised, air support gonna maintain 50 feet. Lowering rescuer now." The pilot spoke, y/n listening in intently "Rescuer at ten feet.....Rescuer on the ground."

After a few minutes eddies voice came in "old steady, Fire One. I'm bringing him up."

"Dispatch, all souls on board. Returning to base." With that hen and y/n took the gurney out as they landed and immediately the four of them ran to the gurney and brought it over

"Careful! He's kind of delirious." Chim told them yelling over the helicopter "Been out there awhile."

"Said he injured himself three days ago." Eddie yelled now

"I'm fine." The man told them "I just want to know when I can get back up there."

"Definitely not today." Y/n told him

"Do you have a cell phone?" Bobby asked

"Doesn't everyone? "

"Yes. But most people use it to call for help instead of putting a message in a bottle." Hen told him

"Battery died yesterday."

"That was two days after you injured yourself." Y/n told him

"I didn't want to leave. I was so close. I didn't want anyone else to find the treasure." They looked at each other as the man yelled "It's mine! The treasure's mine! Don't tell anyone!" Hen and y/n began to roll him away as he continued to yell "Don't let anyone take it. It's mine! The treasure's mine!"

"Did he say 'treasure'?" Buck asked

~

"This is Channel 8 with breaking news. Hollis Harcourt, the author of such cult classics as Agony in Atwater and Bludgeoned in Burbank, passed away in his sleep at age 57, leaving behind an intriguing message to his loyal fans." Taylor spoke on the TV as they all stood and watched as the author popped up on the screen "Behold. My final gift to the citizens of Los Angeles... a rare and priceless treasure. Though, if I had to put a price on it for tax purposes, I'd call it about $5 million."