chapter nine

(^^ lily's outfit^^)

"lily, julie, how nice of you to join us."

"we're sorry, we overslept." julie spoke for the two of them as they arrived late for their dance class.

"take your spot, girls." the teacher told them, and the immediately went over to flynn.

"so, why didn't you wake us up? we missed our first three classes." lily spoke from the right side of flynn, julie on her left side.

"you guys said you were never gonna show your faces at school again, and i'm a very literal person."

lily cleared her throat, and flynn rephrased her sentence.

"well , julie said she would never show her face again, and i just thought you guys would wanna be together in that, seeing as you were both in the band." flynn said, making lily shake her head.

"it's ok. it's those stupid ghosts that were really upset at." julie spoke, making lily nod her head in agreement. "i'd kill them if they weren't already dead."

"having a band is supposed to help your social life, not ruin it." flynn spoke.

"ex-band." lily said, making julie point over in her direction.

"right, sorry. ex-band." flynn corrected.

"it's all so messed up. i thought they were in this with us, but obviously we were wrong." julie spoke as they were all stretching for dance practice, copying their teacher.

"hey, you guys can't blame yourselves. you can only be so strong when three cute ghosts ask you to join a band." flynn said, making lily tilt her head in agreement.

"and julie, speaking of cute, have you spoke to nick today?" flynn asked, changing the subject. "he was pretty chatty at the dance."

"no, and i'm kinda dreading it. at least i know i won't see him in this class." julie spoke.

"i wouldn't be so sure about that," lily spoke as she looked through her legs at the guys entering the dance hall.

"what! you've gotta be kidding me." julie said as she saw the same thing lily did.

"what?" flynn asked, confused.

"what are they doing here!" julie said as all three girls stood up.

"right on time coach barron." their teacher spoke, welcoming coach barron and the schools lacrosse team. "so, students. coach barron and i have decided that the lacrosse team will be part of our class for a few weeks."

as their teacher spoke, flynn, lily and julie all stood up straight and started tugging at their shirts, trying to make themselves look more presentable.

"many pro athletes have used dance to help with coordination and mobility."

"this isn't about flirting with girls." coach barron interrupted, making all the students snicker slightly. "it's about making us better so that we can actually win a game. we lost against burbank. burbank!"