He's supposed to be coming to my apartment later this evening so he could also meet Zameer.

And so that Zameer could be here in case anything happens, but that was his idea.

"You nervous?" Zameer appears leaning on the kitchen counter, making eye contact with me while using his elbow to support his head.

"A little," I said honestly, but not because of the dinner. Zameer always made me nervous when we make eye contact.

'He just so fine-'

He suddenly coughs, immediately taking me out of my trance and redirecting my attention to Echo who was currently pulling on the bottom of my black flared leggings.

"Yes, baby?" I coo, gently taking her into my arms and placing her in a comfortable position on my hip.

"I meet Grampa today?" She asks in her cute little voice, tilting her small head at me.

I quickly kiss her cheek, as she was too cute not to, and nod my head at her.

"He's coming here later today. You excited?"

She quickly nods her head, causing me and Zameer to lightly chuckle.

His phone buzzes, causing him to roll his eyes. He checks his phone before looking at both of us.

"What time is your dad coming?" He asks, texting someone who I assume is his boss.

"Seven, why?"

He flashes me his phone screen, revealing that the time is 6:20. I also snuck a peak at his messages because I was nosy, and he was indeed texting his boss.

"Oh shoot! We should start getting ready." I say, not only to Echo but to myself.

She just shrugs her shoulders before resting her head on my shoulder, making Zameer laugh at loud.

❀❀❀

The time was now 6:57, and Echo and I were more than ready.

We took a shower together because we didn't have time for me to give her a bath, and to say she enjoyed the water pouring down on her would be an understatement.

Zameer wanted to cook the dinner so I definitely wasn't going to refuse. He hasn't told me what he was making yet, but I know it'll be good because it's coming from his hands.

Echo and I were walking out of my bedroom when I was suddenly hit with an amazing smell.

I literally almost fell out.

Echo practically ran to the kitchen, seemingly smelling it as well.

I quickly followed after her to make sure she didn't fall because her little dramatic self would make us cancel the entire dinner if she did.

I could hear Zameer's deep chuckle as he probably heard Echo's small footsteps charging toward him.

Before I could say anything, there was a knock at the door.

I quickly straighten out my outfit and walk to the door, where I am unpleasantly surprised by Zameer already opening it.

I roll my eyes as it swings open, revealing my father. Echo squeals from behind both Zameer and me and runs toward him.

Clearly caught off guard, my dad quickly catches her before she could collide head-first into his legs.

"Hi, Grampa!" She squeals, looking up at him with a wide smile.