The New Prospect

Going home felt like a twenty foot brick wall that I was speeding towards. The crash was bound to happen and all I could feel was nervous adrenaline since I made my last goodbye to Kozik back in Tacoma. He had wanted to come down with me but I knew that I had to do this by myself. All I really wanted to do was keep my head down and hope nothing exciting was going to happen. If I had brought Kozik then no doubt him and Tig would of started fighting again, an added stress that I did not need to worry about.  I had no clue that any of the future events were going to take place, but my first hint that my plan wasn't going to happen the way I wanted was when I used my spare key to my moms place and saw the little note in the kitchen that read, "Sending prospect to help you move in and place rest in storage. Party later tonight. Love, mom" with a low groan I went outside and started moving my things from the same Escalade I had in high school to my old room. With even more redecorating this time the whole house even seemed unfamiliar to me. Gemma had removed posters, painted over walls, and added new furniture.

With the troubles that I have had the past few years, I didn't even have enough stuff to put in storage. I became very minimal, and the few things I had in Tacoma as Kozik wanted to keep up there in his spare room so I always felt like I could come back and visit. Even with me just getting home I already missed him. Kozik had become even more father like to me, even if all I did was push him away ever since the big fight. I was out by my SUV getting some more boxes when a black van came out and who I assumed the new prospect walked up with a very similar goofy grin that I used to love on another old prospect. The prospect was a little taller than me with blond hair that was cut short  and a bit of 5 O'Clock shadow going on his face. 

He walked straight out to me and shook my hand. His name was kip and he retold why he was here. There was only half of the SUV left so he grabbed a duffle bag and two boxes while I grabbed one and he followed me up to my old room. It really only took us less than an hour to unload the boxes from the SUV. I knew my mom would want them unpacked but in college I lost every single fuck I had to give so instead I told the prospect to go out and grab a pizza or something. With him gone I looked for the only really nice dress that would do for this occasion. It was a dress that I wore to my twenty first birthday that Kozik hated. A slim, silver tube dress that could either cover your ass or tits, but never both. Found the one set of black fuck-me pumps I had and placed them to the side.

When Kip got back I sat in front of the tv drinking lemonade and having the pizza box on the coffee table. He just stood there but I eventually told him to sit, grab some food and enjoy himself. Honestly having him so new and nervous made me feel nervous, after what happened to the last prospect I was close to. It took me about half an hour of silence before we started talking he didn't really ask too many questions but he seemed genuinely interested in college. He talked about how he just got out of the army and the story behind his nick name of half sac. I actually really enjoined his company and found out he is a total family man and a real sweet heart. He got a call around 8pm which he picked up and left the room to answer.

He came back in 15 minutes and sat by me telling me, "That was the club, everyone misses you and would like for you to go to the shop soon" I looked him in the eye saying, "Guess I should finish up real fast" I winked at him and maybe had a little bit more of a pick me up when I walked up there to the bathroom to finish my hair and make up.

Coming back down was great as Kip led the way to the SUV. As soon as we pulled out the song "she fucking hates me" by Puddle of Mud plays and the next thing that happens was memorable to say the least. We pulled into TM with me head banging and Kip screaming  to the song. When the song stopped I turned and hugged Kip so glad I have a new friend. We walk inside and it felt like I had never left. Everything was the same as I left it, down to the stale smell of cigarettes and whiskey that hung in the air.  Almost everyone greets me with a hug and congratulation on my college graduation. After I was done hugging mostly everyone is when I saw him. Juice was in the back, looking just as good if not better than the last time that I saw him. All I could muster from myself was to give a solid nod of the head at each other and just stand there taking in the view of the other.  Tig and I went up to the bar and shared the night with some Crown whiskey that Kip poured for us. I even convince Tig to let Kip take one . Tig gave me a look after the first shot and said, "not that I am complaining I quite like the view but I have to wonder why the dress" I knew that he was implying that I dressed up to get Juice jealous but I told him that I got really sweaty and dirty working with Kip so it felt nice taking a long shower and reminding myself that I'm sexy." Tig shook his head mumbling about how much of that sentence was wrong coming from my mouth. I asked him "what did you say" and he says a little too loud, "well that explains the sex hair!" I had that 'think fast' moment  of if I am going to be embarrassed or just work it. So in response I  just winked explaining that I don't have to answer that walked away. It seemed like I spent the next hour talking to Chibs about college.

One if my favorite things I did in high school was mess around with people's head. I started doing that with some of the crow eater and strippers hanging around and I can already feel myself returning to my  normal self and no more of this angsty shit I had been dealing with in college all just by being home. No, I don't have Juice in my life and I'm starting to feel like I Don't need him. Maybe if I just find myself then this will all be worth it and the both of us can move on from this stupid 'young and in love' phase of our life and I can find a real husband. Hopefully one that is not a Son.