- Anger -

I wake up and feel a pit in my stomach, I have to go out into the maze today and I won't be coming back for 2 days if not longer. I look to my side and see Newt peacefully asleep. I kiss his cheek gently and he opens his eyes and stretches his arms above his head. He smiles and then his face changes as I expect he remembers what today is. "How long?" He whispers, I knew what he was asking me, how long until I have to leave. "2 hours maybe, the sun isn't fully up yet" i say as i open my door slightly and see the lack of light in the homestead.

I felt hands around my waist and before i knew it I had my back against a wall. "Do you have to go?" Newt whispers pressing his forehead to mine gently. "Yes, Thomas and Minho will die otherwise" I said wrapping my hands around him.

"I need you to promise me you will come back"

"Newt, I will come back, I always do!"

"No, I need you to come back without any injuries." he chuckled a little.

"I can't promise that Newt, Minho is prone to being a wuss and will undoubtedly need saving from something" I smile and pull him closer to me but he pulls away a throws his hands in the air. "You see! You shouldn't have to save Minho. He can take care of himself. You've gotten hurt enough to save that shank! You nearly died because of him! He hasn't so much as apologized!" Newt was starting to raise his voice, walked over and took his wrists to stop them flailing around. "Newt, I can't help it, its like an instinct." I said gripping his wrists harder as he fights back. "Well HELP IT!!" He shouts pulling his arms away from me, I flinch and he notices. I've never seen him this angry before in the three years i have known him. "Newt, what do want me to do? If i let him die i'll never forgive myself and if I save him, I get injured and you hate me" I back up into the wall again and my strong exterior breaks and i feel helpless. "THAT'S BECAUSE YOU'RE BEING STUPID." He walks closer to me and slams his fists either side of my head, i shriek a little and Newt's face is creased in anger. "Newt I-I-I'm sorry..." I whisper, "NOT GOOD ENOUGH Y/N!" he shouts in my face and slams his fist either side of me again, I flinch as his hands get closer to my face. He's going to hit me. "Newt..please" I try to raise my voice as much as I can but it still sounds like a whisper. "YOU SAVE MINHO. IT'S ALWAYS MINHO. EVER RISKED YOUR LIFE FOR ME?" He is talking complete nonsense, something has gotten in his head. "Newt you've never needed saving" I manage to say, If Newt needed saving of course I would risk my life for him, I love him! I am shaking so hard, his face is still crunched and I am trying to fathom how we went from 'please don't go' to 'you're stupid'. I zone back in and hear him shout something that I can't make out. I see a fist come towards my face, i throw my hand up and stop it. Scared or not I am still 100% stronger than Newt is. I snap out of the scared little girl phase and push him backwards against the opposite wall, I hold his fist "YOU EVER TRY TO HIT ME AGAIN. WE ARE DONE!" I let his arm go and walk out of the door, expecting him to come after me but i turn around and see Newt slumped on the floor looking at his still clenched fist, his face still looks angry. I start running, I still had a while before I had to go into the maze so I went to the now burned down map room and sat against one of the trees. I don't know if i'm angry at Newt or not, I mean he did try to hit me, he was going to punch me in the face, something got to him, is it the maze? Or is it me? I hated to think that it was me that was getting to him, but the possibility is high.

"Hi greenie!" It was Minho walking through the trees, i did not have time for this. "Leave me alone shank. I'm not in the mood"

"Why? What's happened?"

"Oh i don't know Minho. Maybe it's because my boyfriend tried to punch me in the face. Or maybe it's because i have to put up with two days of constant Minho in the maze..or maybe.." I didnt realize i was crying and flailing my arms around until Minho grabbed them tightly. "HEY GREENIE! STOP!" he shouted at me and i calmed down. "I'm sorry Minho. Having a bad day...already." I laugh and shake his hands off. "Newt tried to punch you?!" Minho said with a hint of anger in his voice. "Yeah but something is bothering him. He was really angry I've never seen him like that before...I think it might be me."

"No it's not you, I think we just need to get out of here. Did he actually punch you?" I shook my head and he took a deep breathe and breathed out again. "Lets go and search the maze get what we need then come back and be done with the place okay? then you and Newt can live happily ever after or whatever." He said smiling. "Minho, I don't think we will ever live happily ever after...none of us. Something tells me this maze isn't the end. I have a horrible feeling it's not going to end here" I said, Minho looked at me and ducked his head, he knew I was right.