- Dying -

Newt's POV
Thomas lifted her up and ran all the way to the medjack hut, I was hot on his heels, he beat the boys with Alby there and he set her down on one of the beds on her side.
"JEFF!" I shouted, by this point I am starting to go insane. Jeff came running in and he called for Clint to tie Alby down and sort him out.
"She's changing!" He whispered. "It's that shucking griever leg! Look at the skin around it"
"Doesn't explain why she's coughing up blood Jeff!" Thomas shouted starting to sound more insane than I am. It was horrible I watched her come in and out of consciousness as more blood poured out of her mouth, if it was anyone else I'd look away but I couldn't. Jeff tried to pull the leg out of her shoulder and when he eventually did a piercing scream erupted from within Y/N's small frame. She started to wriggle around on the bed.

"Newt! Little help?" Jeff said angrily. "I need you to tie her down...please!" I just stared at him. "What no I'm not gonna.."

"JUST DO IT SHANK!" I could feel the anger surging from him. I decided to what he said and as much as it pained me I tied her arms and legs down.
"NEWT GET THE SHUCK OFF ME SLINTHEAD!" She screamed as I fixed the last knot. "I'm sorry" I whispered and she drifted back into unconsciousness.

I watched Jeff stitch her shoulder and leg up and but bandages around them. When he has finished Y/N spluttered and spit out more blood into the bucket next to her. "Jeff I don't want Newt seeing this....please get him outta here!" She said spitting. "Newt?" He questioned. A part of me wanted to leave, it was heartbreaking watching her in pain, who knows if she was even going to live! But another part of me wanted to stay and be with her. She needed me. She needs me to be there for her.

That's when she started to shake. "Jeff!" I shouted and stood at her side just looking at her shaking body. "Oh shuck!" He shouted running over from seeing Alby.
"I don't think there's anything else I can do Newt!" Jeff's face dropped. "What?! No! You have to do something!!" I pleaded with him, I knew exactly what he was going to say.
"She's dying Newt! Her pulse is dropping pretty rapidly, I can't do anything! If only we had another of those syringes remember?"
"SHES NOT DYING!" I screamed and tears started to stream down my face. She stopped shaking and then the door opened.

"Hey! Meeting in council hall!" Gally said as he opened the door and gestured to me to follow him. "It's okay Newt, I'll watch her!" Chuck said emerging from behind Gally. I smiled briefly and left my Greenie in the hands of Chuck and Jeff. She better not die!

"What's this about?" I said as I walked in council hall wiping the ears from my face. "How's Greenie?!" Thomas said, "she's dying according to Jeff. Now what is this about?!" I said more sternly. Thomas was sat in the middle and the keepers around him. "What are we going to do with him?" Gally said, "you're leader now Newt. You're call!"

"I can't exactly think straight Gally! Minho you were with him out there!" I said kind of angry because he let her get hurt...again! And if she dies it's on him. "What do you suggest?"
"Make him a runner!"
All the keepers started mumbling, I saw Gally's face drop "uh no! He needs to be punished! He broke the rules!"
"Fine. One night in the pit and no food." I said, I agreed Thomas should be a runner but before I could say anything a familiar sound filled the glade.

"The box! It's coming back up!" Minho shouted, he was already outside.
Thomas looked at me with concern. "It shouldn't be." I whispered as I followed Minho over to the box.