- Perfect -

Newt's POV
"Lay her down!" Jeff said pointing to another bed. In the box was a girl and a note.

SHES THE LAST ONE EVER.
KEEP Y/N ALIVE!

She only said one thing before going back unconscious. Thomas. I can't worry about her right now, I have to worry about my Greenie, the note said she needed to stay alive, but how are we supposed to do that...we have no medicines.
"Search the girl." I said to Minho, and he started digging through her pockets. "Wait look!" And from her trouser pocket he pulled out 3 syringes. I turned back to Y/N as she started to shake and spit blood again.
"Give me that!" Jeff shouted taking one off of Minho, he injected the needle into her chest and the liquid drained from its container. "Clint give one to Alby and put the other away so it's safe" he said.
Almost immediately Y/N's body stopped shaking and I put two fingers against her neck and her oils started to rise. The heat was leaving her body and I knew she was going to be ok. "Newt don't get your hopes up ok. She will live but she's been through the changing. Who knows what she'll be like now!" He said putting a hand on my shoulder, my happy mood left as I realised that Jeff was right. She might not want to know me when she wakes up. At least she was alive.

I looked over at Alby and he was looking better too. I looked over at the new girl and I analysed her, she was cute with Brown and tanned skin. She wasn't my Greenie though. I turned back to Y/N and sat facing her. "We need to carry on with the meeting" Gally said walking into the room. "Yeah ok, Jeff call me immediately is any of them wake up ok?" Jeff nodded and I walked with Gally and Minho to council hall.

"We can't have non runners running off whenever they feel like it!" Gally shouted. "No we can't." I replied sternly, I looked over at Thomas. "One night in the pit and no food. Starting from tomorrow you're a runner!" Gally stormed out and frypan follows him. Thomas looked at me as if I was his older brother who just let him have his car. "Thanks Newt!" He said smiling, I nodded and walked out of the room desperate to get back to my Greenie.

"Newt get some sleep!" Jeff said as he rubbed his eyes, I gotta hand it to Clint and Jeff they have worked so hard. "I'll be ok, you get some sleep..I'll come get you if I need you" I say smiling at him and resting my forehead on the bed where Y/N was sleeping. I fell asleep almost instantly.

I felt something on my head, it was definitely a hand. I sprang up and saw her, she was still led down and one of her hands was free from the rope, her eyes were open and she had a small smile on her face as she looked up at me. "Hey Newtie" she said in a quiet voice, her throat was sore from the screaming. "Hey Greenie, how are you?" I said getting closer to her, I untied her other hand and legs. "Well I'm fine, it's nice to see you managed to get the griever leg out of my shoulder!" She said laughing slightly but stopping because of the pain. "Thank Jeff for that! He's been great!"
"I will don't worry, is Alby ok?"
"He's over there he hasn't woken up yet"
"Oh. What about Thomas?"
"Tommy is fine! In fact I've promoted him to runner"
"That's awesome Newt, he's a good kid! Are you okay?"
"I'm ok now you're awake! I thought you were pretty much dead!" I tear falls from my eye. "Aren't you going to ask about Minho?" I scowled a little.
"No I'm done with that shank! Come here"
She said and I lay on the bed with her, my head is in her chest and she's stroking my hair. "I told you I always come back! I'm not going to leave you Newt! I promise" hm she squeezes me as tight as she can handle. "Oh um...something else happened" I began but she cut me off "can you tell me tomorrow Newtie! I just wanna enjoy this" I smiled "sure beautiful." I could feel her smile as she continued brushing her fingers through my hair. "What happened? Did you see anything during the changing?" I asked her softly.
"Uh...I felt more than I saw. I saw myself being tortured and I saw Thomas behind the glass. I felt every volt of electricity surge through my body, I felt every test they did, I felt ever needle they stabbed into my skin...I saw some girl with Thomas. Uh...can I talk tomorrow please? I kind of want to try and put it to the back of my head." I sit up and see a tear stroll down her cheek. "Um sorry, I was just curious" I say regretting my previous question. The fact that she said she saw Thomas is weird and another girl who I'm assuming is the newbie. I decided not to tell her about the girl that night and waited until the morning. We fell asleep in each other's arms within minutes and it was the happiest I've ever been. My Greenie is alive. She loves me and I love her. Apart from being stuck in an ever changing maze... life is perfect.