can't love you - itadori y.

Start from the beginning

"hey! wait up! it's okay!" itadori yelled after her. "hey! uh- i never caught your name!"

"y/n!" she yelled back, "i've gotta go before i start a forest fire or something!"

this caused itadori's running to slow down. his friends and teacher were still in the forest themselves, so it would be best for her to get out.

but he did wish to continue speaking to her. he had so many questions.

——

it'd been months since itadori had seen that curse. he didn't tell anyone in his team about it, scared they'd just judge him; therefore he casually went on with life.

but in the back of his mind, he kept thinking about her. how'd she become a curse? was she always a curse? what's up with her power? it's so cool.

"stop thinking about that flamed idiot for one damn second and listen to me!" sukuna yelled, making itadori sigh in annoyance before finally listening to the male that was inside him.

he was just talking nonsense. he hadn't talked to anyone in a thousand plus years, of course he'd want to talk about how he wants to wreck havoc on everyone.

"what's on your mind, itadori?" nobara asked, seeing the male zoned out. they both sat in a random park close to the school to get away from gojo- who was looking for all of his team to run errands for them.

they set megumi up to do it all.

"sukuna's talking." itadori huffed, rolling his eyes while he tried to continue listening but started to give up after a while.

"i think it's deeper than that." nobara mumbled to herself, catching a figure walk past in the woods. "hey, did you see that light? it was almost like fire-"

"fire?!" itadori yelled, jumping up from the seat he was at before running towards the way she was looking.

"hey! wait up!" she yelled, running after the male who took off.

"hey! y/n!" itadori beamed, seeing the curse walking around and looking at the pretty flowers with a soft smile. his eyes lit up in adoration as he finally caught up to the girl. "i've been thinking about you!"

"oh?" she flushed, "why?" she chuckled softly. the male sat down on the ground beside where she was crouched.

"i don't know. you're just so cool! and i have so many questions for you!" he ranted. he looked like a happy kid who had just gotten the toy of their dreams.

"hm? ask away!" she didn't mind answering questions. he was the only person to ever really talk to her, so she was happy to answer anything.

"why did you help me out?" he started, tilting his head to the side while she pretended to think.

"well, i've seen many sorcerers kill curses using their ability but yours seems different. you don't have the same aura as the others." she explained, "so i decided to make your job a tad bit easier."

"that's.. really sweet. but.. why kill your own kind?" he asked, realizing it sounded sorta insensitive. "wait no! sorry! i just mean-"

"no i get it." she chuckled, waving him off. "everyone only sees me as a curse, but i don't wanna wreck havoc on everything i see. i just wanna help humanity. save as many people as i can." she smiled softly.

silence came over itadori as he thought about how he was gonna ask his next question. he frowned.

"did you die...?" he asked, noticing her stiffen slightly.

"yeah." she said quietly, looking down at the flower she was looking at before itadori came up to her. "i died when i was about 16, but now i'm this stupid curse that burns everything in its path."