hear me - bokuto k.

——————————————————————

in which, an overly loud boy runs into a girl who can't hear him

fluff

warnings : y/n's deaf

——————————————————————

"WHAT'S WRONG BOKUTO-SAN?" akaashi sighed, looking at his owl-headed friend who was pouting. his hair was deflated as his frowned; making akaashi realize he was sad.

"i met a girl but she ignored me when i talked to her." he sighed. keiji rose an eyebrow, looking at the girl his friend was staring at.

keiji sighed, standing up to walk over to her. he really didn't want to deal with a sad bokuto all day, so he'd just ask her to politely apologize for whatever reason.

"excuse me." keiji stated, her back turned to him. he sighed, tapping her back. she turned around with a hum, immediately looking at his mouth.

"my friend wanted to become friends with you." he stated, turning around to look at bokuto who's head was down.

"i'm sorry, can you face me while you speak." she hummed politely.

"oh!" keiji let out at the realization. "i am so sorry." he apologized.

"it's okay! happens all the time." she smiled softly, as he nodded.

"my friend, bokuto, he wanted to be friends with you. but he thinks you ignored him." akaashi says, nodding slowly.

"ah, i'm so sorry. where is he? i'll apologize." she hummed respectfully, moving her hands around as sign language.

"right there." akaashi stated, pointing at his friend while still facing the girl who nodded.

"hi." she hummed, sitting down in front of the pouting boy. he looked up at her, his face immediately lighting up at the pretty girl.

"HEY HEY HEY!" bokuto exclaimed. even as a deaf girl, she could tell he was loud. bokuto looked over at his friend with a big smile, amazed he could even bring her to him.

"she's deaf, bokuto-san." keiji explained from behind her. bokuto innocently tilted his head, looking at him as if he was crazy.

"no she's not akaashi, she's sitting right here." he giggled, before his friend facepalmed.

"not dead bokuto-san, deaf. she can't hear." he explained before, y/n tilting her head when she saw bokuto let out an "oh!"

"um, am i being discussed? i cant really see your friend.. so-" she laughed nervously, moving her hands to indicate her signing.

"what's that you're doing?" bo asked excitedly.

"please slow your talking.. makes it easier for me to read your lips." she hummed, smiling.

"oh! sorry- i asked what you're doing with your hands.."

"ah- asl; american sign language." she smiled. "i can teach the two of you if you'd like."

"YES!"

—————

"okay-" bokuto huffed, trying to sign to the girl. he'd been practicing for months on end since the day he met her; reading library books, watching youtube videos, practicing with her.

he'd never been so dedicated to anything other than volleyball, which surprised mostly everyone around him besides akaashi.

'i ride volleyball.' he signed, looking at the girl in front of him who laughed.