im coming - kenma k.

——————————————————————

in which, kenma was going to go see her again.

angst 

warnings : mentions suicide & depression
——————————————————————

"HEY BABY," he sighed, smiling. "i went to our favorite restaurant today." he chuckled.

"i sat at our table, and you remember that nice waitress we'd always get? she came to take my order again.. she asked about you." he bit his lip as tears welled in his eyes. he quickly wiped them, not wanting to show any weakness.

"a shy boy, and a shy girl. a fucking love story right? why the hell did it end this way.. why didn't you tell me babe." he frowned as his burrows furrowed together.

"i c-" he took a deep breath before continuing; not allowing his shaky voice to break. "i could've helped you." i whispered before reading her name on the tombstone, sitting down the red rose since it was always her favorite.

"it's been three years kenma," kuroo sighed, rubbing his bestfriend's back. he knew how hard kenma had been taking her death; he wouldn't even touch a video game.

a broken sob escaped kenma's mouth as the rain poured down harder, soaking them both in the water.

"i don't care. it could be a thousand years for all i give a fuck, and i'd still love her. she didn't deserve this. she deserves to be happy, to be here-" his voice broke as more sobs escaped. he finally calmed down after a while before nodding.

his throat was dry, and hurting as he turned around to go back to his car with his friend.

the car ride was silent. no one spoke, not even the fly buzzed around to bother the two boys.

arriving at kenma's apartment, they walked up to the front step to the entrance.

"hey, if you need to talk i'm here y'know." kuroo mutters, watching as his bestfriend just nodded before going up to his room.

kuroo knew kenma would do something drastic. he just didn't know when. he didn't really enjoy watching kenma beat himself up repeatedly, thinking it was always his fault when it wasn't.

y/n was severely depressed in high school and throughout life. though kenma was always there as a light to guide her, which she appreciated because she did truly love him, it just wasn't enough.

but kuroo wasn't going to stop kenma from visiting y/n's grave. if it was him, he'd want the same. a support system.

kenma sighed, opening his apartment door before sniffling for the umpteenth time. he looked at the picture on his dresser of him and his lover.

it was when they were still in high school, after a game of his. they were both clad in their volleyball jerseys and shorts. it was as if they were always meant since both their numbers were 5, which was something they always joked about.

her smile always light up a dim room to him. she always caught his attention no matter what. even if it was just her fiddling with her hands, or how she spiked the ball with little to no force yet still getting a point.

he cried once more, holding the picture frame and smiling at how happy she looked. if only he could've helped more. listened more. spent more time with her. got off his fucking game when she was over.

he put the frame down, writing a small yet informative note to kuroo for when he came to check on him in the morning — as always.

he left the door unlocked, grabbing his keys and driving to their favorite bridge; the one where they had their first date, their first kiss, their first i love you.

he stared over the side, looking down at the water like he'd always do. he swore he could've heard her laugh, thinking about her twirling around in the empty street like the free spirit she was.

he stood on top of the bridge, turning around so his back was facing the water. he sighed, closing his eyes with a smile before holding out his arms like a bird.

"i'm coming love," he whispers before falling back and plunging into the water.

hey kuroo, i'm going to go see my love. thank you for everything.

- kenma kozume.

note
i love kenma sm, u don't understand 😟